Chapter 25

Kaylani

   I fucked up. I just know it, I called and messaged Duke many times, but he didn't respone. At that he left me on seen which made me feel worse. I called Kaestle she picked up, She said Duke haven't been out his room since he got back and he isn't in the mood to talk. After that she hung up. "And I thought he will be the one to break me, I broke him." I felt guilty, as I should be. I broke the only guy that actually liked me.

I sat on the couch down stairs with Angel, As I got a phone call, I hoped it was Duke. But it wasn't. "Dad?" I said dull.

"Not the enegry, I'm use to when you pick up the phone Whats wrong Kaylani?" He asked.

"Just a shitty life I'm living." I said.

"I'm 101% sure Angel is next to you, we wouldn't want her walking cursing? Would we?" He said, and he was right. "Whats actually wrong?" He asked.

"So that other guy that raided your house with me and caleb, was Duke. He asked me to be his girlfriend yesterday, I said no. But I feel guilty and empty with him. He isn't answering my messages or calls, I called his sister, She said he haven't been out his room since then and haven't talk to anybody." I spilled everything, still knowing these calls was recorded.

"Why did you say No? Don't you like him?" He asked.

"Thats what I don't know! My feelings been messed up the pass couple years!" I said. Angel looked me confused. Your 6 Angel, sometimes we just don't understand what's going pn around us, until it hits like a brick.

I listed the top of her head, "It's nothing, Lovebug." I gave her a reassuring smile.

"I honestly don't know." I said calmly into the phone, now speaking to my father once again.

"Well um. Sorry for that, I don't know how girl minds work. I hope you 2 find something out, If he really love he wouldn't leave you. But good news, the news I called to tell you I got the pigs, the 'ops to let us prove my innocence." He said.

"Well thats good, I got us lawyers, their working on it. They said by tomarrow we will be ready. I got Caleb and Elijah as wintesses as we saw, Savannah hurting Angel as you tried to stop her. We also got Clair, she knew what happened to Caleb she's also on your side. I also heard what happened from, Caleb, you and Angel. Caleb and Angel are also Victim's. We got this. We will testify againist her in a few days, Okay?" I said knowing I had already picked a date 4 days from now, which was probably extremely soon, but we had everything we needed.

I heard him sigh from the other hands. "Of course, I'm glad to get out of this hell hole." He said. "Can I speak to Angel?" He asked his voice soften as he said her same.

"Angel, Daddy wanna talk to you." I said, she squealed grabbing the phone from me.

"Daddy!.... Hi!.... Aw, I'll see you soon too!.... Oh..... So okay?.....Love youuuu
....Baii!" She said, handing me back the phone.

"Angel is my Angel alright." He said. "Where's Caleb?" He asked.

"One second." I said moving the phone away from me. "Caleb get your fat ass down here!" I yelled.

"Yea, get your fat ass down here, you lazy pig!" Angel said, Caleb walked down stairs and glared at me.

"Um, Here." I said giving him the phone then went to Angel. "Don't say that words anymore." I said.

"What words?" She asked, know what word I was talking about. "Ass? Ass? Ass!?" She kept repeating it, I nearly laughed, but held it 8n seeing my brother still glaring at me.

"Angel, You won't be able to play or watch tv for a week." I stated.

"Ass. A-a-a-assss" She muttered. I looked at Caleb who looked extremely dissapointed.

"No more Mcdonalds, and no christmas." I said.

She crossed her arms. "Fine meanie." She said kicking her legs. "Back away!" She giggled, I went back near Caleb, and he handed my the phone back.

"I said not to curse near her, and know you see why don't you Kaylani?" He said, as the voice said he had a minute left.

"Yea I see why. I'll visit you soon along with, Clair, Elijah, Caleb and Angel." I said quickly.

"Love you guys." He said.

"Hm, love you too!" I said and it hung up, our 30 minutes was over. My 30 minutes of getting my mind off of Duke was over.

I watched tv with Angel for the rest of the night falling asleep on the couch.

~~~

3 days later
~~~

I woke up from a phone call, Duke named flashed on the screen. I answered. "Kaylani." He said simply.

"Duke." I said back not know what else to say.

"Kaestle said you really needed to talk to me, the pass few days." He said.

Yea, you was ingorning me, for the pass 4 days, haven't been eatings I heard. No fucking shit, Of course. "Yes." I said he hummed in response. "Look I didn't know what to say. I don't know how I feel about you just yet. I need more time, I should've explained that, I didn't mean to hurt you.." I said, I saw Caleb standing at the platform of the stairs watching me.

"But you did hurt me Kaylani." He said, I could hear the pain of the voice. "You hurt me, when you rejected me. I think you made it clear, we just needed to fuck, getting out of our systems. Fuck and remain as friends. You lead me on." He said, before we both went quiet, "You lost me, Kaylani." and he hung up.

I sighed. "Not just yet." I said placing my phone down. "I haven't lost you." I whispered to my self.

Caleb placed a hand on my shoulder. "You won't lose him, I think we should get our father out of that hell hole, then you can get your boyfriend back." He said walking into the kitchen.

My boyfriend, I like that title. I grabbed my phone changing Dukes name from "Doo-Dukey' to "My Love' I smiled.

I got up. "Cal can you watch Angel today? I got stuff to do." I asked Caleb who started making breakfast.

"I know, I know. And yes I can. Go on lets get our father back."

We visited him yesterday, we talked about the situation, Savannah obviously didn't agree but she didn't have a choice, we're going to testify againist her tomarrow.

I headed to met up with our lawyers, handing everthing that need to be handle.

"We got this in the bag Ms.West." One of the 2 lawyers said. (Liam)

"Hope so." I said re-reading a peice of paper.

"Ms.West you read that paper at least 5 times." The other lawyer said. (Mario)

"It called re-ready, Mario. Anyways, Liam, Mario. Tomarrow is the day."

And I swear if he doesn't get out Imma kill that Judge judy wanna be looking bitch my bare hands.

A/N: I noticed how a certain somebody got pissed the last chapter. I'm totally sorry that fran.. (Sarcasm)