Chapter 22

Kaylani

   3 days passed, the boys found a lawyer, my father is trying to encourage the gaurds to let him prove he is innocent. Duke been more open but still won't let me in on somethings, He still talks to the girl be been talking to for a while. So I'm stand at Kaestle door. I knocked.

"It's open!" She called from the other side, I opened the door walking in. "Hey kaylani. Whats up?" She asked

Get right to the point. "How do you know if you like somebody more than a friend?" I asked.

"That's something I can't answer, people feelings are different. You just fell different around the person." She said turning towards me.

"Is Duke dating somebody?" I asked.

"Not yet, Maybe soon." She said. I looked to the side and nodded. Damn that hurted alot. "Do you like him or something?" She asked.

"Ew no!" I said exiting her room and she chuckled.

"You do!" She yelled.

My face went red as I stood face to face with Duke. "Hi.." I said.

"Hi, what happened? You look flustered." Duke asked.

"Nothing, Nothing." I said.

"Right, Anyways. I have a suprise for you friday night." He said.

"But thats." I stopped. It Wensday around 5pm. 2 days? "That's 2 fully days away!" I said.

"You just gotta wait." Duke said. He turned to leave but I grabbed his arms. "Kaylani?" He questioned.

"What is the suprise? I hate suprises, You should know that." I said letting him go.

"You'll know when the time comes, Okay?" He said.

I groaned walking down stairs, cooking me something quick to eat. I ended up making enough for everyone to get some if they wanted, and it only took 45 minutes.

"Angel??" I called, she wasn't down stairs so I went back upstairs, hearing her giggles from Dukes room. I walked in and he was singing to her.

"Stop silly! Your singing it wrong!" She laughed out.

"Then you sing it Chicken little." He said chuckling.

Angel started singing, she sounded like an Angel. I started recording her singing. Duke also sung along, I did also. Duke turned to me and smiled as the 3 of us sung Beautiful, by Christine Aguilera, softly.

Don't look at me
Mm, mm,
Yeah, eah, oh, ooh,

We all started humming softly, the song playing quietly in the background.

Everyday is so wonderful, and suddenly, it's hard to breathe
Now and then I get insecure, from all the pain
Feel so ashamed

I am beautiful no matter what they say
Words can't bring me down
I am beautiful in every single way
Yes words can't bring me down, Oh no
So don't you bring me down today

Looked directly at me as we sung, the lyics,

To all your friends you're delirious
So consumed in all your doom
Trying hard to fill the emptiness, the piece is gone,
Left the puzzle undone, ain't that the way it is?