Chapter 14

Kaylani

"Mushroom." Duke said, softly shaking my shoulder. "It's 7pm, We're getting ready to leave." Duke said.

"Whyy.." I said pushing him away.

"To take Brena trick or treating." He said coming back to my side. I forgot, I sat up and looked at him. "Your costumes from the other day, is in the bathroom. Wanna come?" Duke asked.

How? How did I forget about my favorite holiday, We did go though a lot this month. Well I did at least.

I simply nodded at Duke's question and he pulled me out the bed into the bathroom. "Change." He said and just stood their.

I waited to see if he was going to leave and he didn't. "So are you just going to stand there?" I asked, He blushed in embrassed.

"Right! Um, Yea? Unless you- Wait, I'm leaving." He stuttered.

He left out I changed, thinks how adorable Duke is when he's nervous, Maybe making him nervous wouldn't be so bad. I had a zipper on the back of the costume.

I walked out with it un-zipped. "Can you help me, Zip it?" I asked getting Duke's attention once again he stared at me. I cleared my throat. "Whats wrong with you? You keep zoning out, Is everything fine?" I asked.

"Hm, everything is perfect. I'll zip it." He said getting up. His hand was on my back, he paused before zipping it up, touching my bare skin, he paused every time. "Sorry" He muttered.

"Duke theirs something wrong, You don't apolgize unless you really hurt me. Whats wrong?" I asked again sitting down on the bed, he sat next to me.

"I don't know..There's something between us I don't understand." He said quietly putting his head in his palms.

"Like what?" I asked, he shook his head no. "It... Seems werid.." I said, I felt the same way he had some effect on me that nobody else did.

"Once again, lost in thought.." He said, I nodded. "Something we do alot." He chuckled.

He got up to change. I did my make-up. and waited to do Duke's. I did the rest of my stuff to get ready.

Then our bedroom door open, "Duke! Kaylani!" Brena yelled busting the door opened."Where's the ugly boy?" Brena asked.

"Hi too you, also. Also and ugly is in the bathroom." I said. She looked at me, and smiled. "What bre?" I asked, My frist time calling her bre, like the rest of her family.

"Bre?! Bre!?" She yelled, She squealed. "Familyyyy!" She yelled louder than the 1st time.

"Damn, Hush up! Your going to hurt our poor ears!" Duke said coming out the bathroom. "Did you knock this time?" Duke asked.

"Yes! Yesh! I..Um knock on the air door! So you guys probably didn't hear!" She said clapping. "Get readdyy." She groaned. "The longer you take the less candy I get!" She said shoving Duke down on the bed. "Do his make up, Kay." She said.

"She got premission already?!" Duke asked.

"Of course I do, She likes me more than she likes you." Brena crossed her arms, swung her hair and left, closing the door.

Me and Duke, laughed hard for a while.

"Alright..." I said catching my breathe. Duke did also. "She's something.." I said picking up the make up.

"She sure is." Duke said allowing me to do his make up. I placed my hand on his cheek, and it heated up. "Sorry.." He said.

"Blushing, Is normal. But saying sorry for it isn't." I said.

He sighed but didn't say anything.

~~~

"This house! It's big they gotta have good candy!!" Brena yelled, We been to at least 30 houses, Somebody was giving out full size candy bars, we happened to go there 3 times, the owner didn't catch on until the 3rd time and we ran. Caleb, Elijah and Jaxon was doing other things. Elijah mom and Duke parents was giving out candy at the house. It's funny how we didn't mean to met, I had already dropped out of college, but nobody knew just yet. Monday, I going to get my stuff. Elijah also already dropped out before me, So we are allowed on school campus until wednesday, We have 3 days to get everything we own out.

"Cmon!" Brena yelled running to another house, This girl and candy won't mix well if she is the hyper without candy. I stood outside a house looking at it, It reminded my of the last time I decorated a house, with my parents, Caleb, Elijah and his mom. Their was a little girl sitting outside with her mother with a bowl of candy. The 3 of us walked up them.

"Want candy?" The girl squealed hopping up with the bowl of candy, she looked around 5 or 6.

I got down to her hieght. "How are you, Little one?" I asked.

"I'm actually bored, nobody come over here for candy.." She said.

"Well we're here." I said patting her shoulder. "What are you?" I asked lookng at her costume.

"I'm a princess!" She said spinning around.

"Adorable! You have style, be a model on day. I promise you'll make it. Or a beauty pageant!" I said.

"Your a nice woman! I wanna be like you when I grow up!" She said.

Oh no you don't. "Believe in your self and you can do anything you wish." I said. I got up and patted her golden hair. "It's nice meeting you! Come by our house, we're giving out the best candy, to the best kids! Down the street, white 2 story house! I'll be waiting." I waved.

Kids could be disgusting, well kids that aren't mature for their age, but her she's an Angel. "You have a soft spot for kids?" Duke asked. "Is was cute, They way she looked at you..With admiration, She don't even know you but wanna be you." Duke said.

"Stop.." I said feeling tears in my eyes.

"awh she's going to cry." Brena said then looked at Duke. "Duke stop being so sweet." She snapped. We all laughed walking back home.

~~~

The little girl and her mom came 30 minutes later. When she saw me her smiled grew as she walked towards my into my arms. "Hi Angel." I said she pulled away and looked at me.

"How did you know my name?" she said.

"Oh, I just guessed, because your look and act like a Angel." I said.

"Trick or treat!" She said holding out a empty bag. "We ran out..A lot of my friends came and snatched it up!" She said .

"Help your self." I said and looked up at her mom for approval, she nodded. Something about that woman is familiar but we haven't talked or got cose, she just watched both of us. And yet, I feel a connection with this girl. I looked at the empty bowl.

"I like candy!" She said with an innocent smile. "Bye!" She said walking towards her mother, who tolder her something and she ran back. "My mommy said she's looking for somebody to babysit me, 13 dollars a hour!" Angel said.

"Yea, I will. Um, tell your mom we can met and discuss everything, Friday, 2pm at the cafe. She nodded and hugged me.

"Your like a big sister already.." She whispered and pulled away waving. She ran off getting in the car with her mom.

Her mother seems familiar, That Angel girl, have some type of connection with me, Her hazel eyes, had green fleeks like my fathers..Her smile made me feel safe like my mothers.

My parents aren't dead..But started a new life without me and Caleb. She knew who I was, thats why she let me get close to Angel, She want a perfect child, I guess Caleb wasn't perfect so they tried again. I wasn't perfect so they left us. Fake their deaths, and finally had their perfect family. Well I damn, that hurts alot..

A/N: Typing this made me cry, I really don't know why but it's kinda sad to me..