JACE

Jace

My phone rings loudly through the silence in the room. I roll over and grab it from the nightstand beside me. I feel Aria and Stephen shift behind me. I look at my screen to see who is calling, it's Jamie. Of course. I hit the ignore button and put it on silent. I look at the clock. It's 4 AM. Wow. I feel like I have slept for 10 hours, and it has only been 4. I haven't slept this good in a long time. I don't know if it's this bed, being exhausted from earlier or if it's being next to her. It is probably a combination of all three. I usually don't sleep well. I wake up every hour on the hour. Tonight, has been different. 

I roll back over to see if Aria and Stephen are still sleeping. Stephen is still sleeping; he's on his side with his arm over Aria's hip. She is on her side facing me. She looks up at me and smiles. "Hi, Angel." For some reason, my heart skips a beat as she calls me that. I lean forward and kiss her softly on the forehead. Wrinkling her nose ever so cutely she whispers "You're so sweet. Do you work tomorrow, well today?" I nod. "I have to work a couple hours in the morning." She frowns "What time? I can make breakfast!" I smile "I have to be there at 7, I will need to leave here at 645. I must say your house is a lot closer to the PD than mine." 

She sneaks out of Stephen's grasp and inches towards the foot of the bed. With a finger over her mouth, motioning for me to quietly get up with her. I slowly roll out of the bed, and we creep over to the door. Ever so carefully, she opens the door without making any noise. We walk down the hallway to the bathroom. It is beautiful, of course, just like the rest of the rooms I have seen in this house. With white granite flooring and black counter tops it looks elegant. There is a massive shower in the corner of the room with a waterfall shower head, multiple sprayers on the walls and a crystal-clear glass surround. A giant whirlpool tub that could easily fit 4 people sits in the opposite corner. I look around to see if I can spot the toilet. As if she knows what I'm thinking she says, "It's behind that door." I wink and head in. Not only is there a toilet but there is also a urinal. You know you are rich when you have all this shit in your bathroom. I take a piss and go back into the main part of the bathroom. I see Aria standing in front of the shower. I'm beginning to think that today might be my lucky day.