Jace

I hear her voice coming from the intercom. It's angelic and soft. I head towards the side door which has been kicked in, draw my service weapon and quietly go inside. I'm hoping that I can sneak up on the perp and take him down without incident. The victim said he is armed, so I don't want to take any chances. As I enter the kitchen I notice how damn clean everything is. It's huge. There are stainless steel appliances and granite countertops that are black with silver veins. It's three times the size of mine. Obviously, I'm in the wrong profession, this house is amazing. I'd love to check out the place a little more but I need to get to the victim quickly. I make my way down the hallway through the living room. The white carpet is so plush, it's like walking on memory foam. The L-shaped tiffany blue couch is made of suede and the tables are a deep oak color. There is a beautiful marble fireplace on the right side of the room and a massive aquarium filled with colorful tropical fish on the left. Expensive paintings and art decorate the walls, this is a thief's dream. Oddly, even though everything is so expensive, prim and proper, it feels inviting and comfortable here. I don't see anything out of place until I look down and notice muddy footprints on the floor. Obviously, they are from the perp. Whoever broke in isn't here to rob her. They would still be down here gathering up the loot. They are here for her. She isn't going to like all of this mud being tracked all over this expensive carpet. 

I reach a grand spiral staircase. I remember her saying the panic room was on the third floor. I'm reaching the second floor when I start hearing the man yelling "Why are you trying to keep me out? We will be together and there is nothing you can do about it. You are everything I need. You are the air I breathe. Just let me in, so we can be together. I don't want to hurt you, but I will if you don't come out! Right now Aria!" I quietly pick up the pace and reach the third floor. I listen again trying to figure out which way to go. When I hear him again, I can tell the sound is coming from the right. With adrenaline rushing through my body I head that way. I see him standing in front of a massive painting, which I'm assuming is the door to the panic room. He is holding a knife and wearing a mask, just as the woman told me. I order him to drop the knife and get down on the floor. He doesn't comply and keeps banging on the painting, which is now covered in holes. I shout out to him "Drop your weapon, this is your last warning. I will shoot you. Put it down, get on your knees and put your hands behind your back. He turns to face me and stares, not speaking, not moving. After a moment, he drops the knife and complies. When I get to him I holster my weapon and bend down to handcuff him. Once I have him restrained I pull off the mask. He's a white male with dirty blonde hair and really bad acne. He appears to be in his late twenties. He looks at me with a crazed look and cries "I just want to be with her. Why won't she come out and talk to me? I love her more than anything. She is my everything. I don't get why she doesn't understand that. I have been her biggest fan for so long, even before she was famous. She even wrote a song about me. I know it was about me. I'm going to marry her one day, as soon as that stupid security guard is out of the way." Puzzled by his blatant disregard of reality I say "You broke into her house wearing a mask, swinging a knife around, screaming and calling her names. What the fuck do you expect? You are under arrest for home invasion, trespassing and attempted kidnapping. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney one will be appointed to you. Do you understand these rights as they have been read to you? With the rights in mind, do you wish to speak with me?" He nods and starts repeatedly sobbing "I didn't mean to scare her. Tell her I'm sorry. But I will be back for her. Nothing and no one will keep us apart." Rolling my eyes and holding the perp, I yell through the door to the victim to stay put and that I will be back. Then, lead the piece of shit down the stairs and back to my squad car.