Jace

Jace

I look over at my friend sitting in the car next to mine. Travis Handy, my partner, my best friend. I told him about how I met her today. He is all for me hooking up with someone new as long as it keeps me away from Jamie, my ex-wife. "Hey Handy, I have a serious question. Should I tell Aria that I'm recently divorced and have a kid or leave that out?" He chuckles and says in a joking manner, "Do you really want to start a relationship on a bed of lies? Tell her. I mean let's be honest you said she has a head of security that you can tell is in love with her. She has baggage just like you. Why not be upfront and honest about it?" I nod. I know he's right. It's just not an easy conversation to have with someone. 

I hear dispatch come through the radio announcing a wreck. Handy waves, pulls off and heads to the scene. I'm left to myself. I decide to clock out early and run to my house to try to get a nap. It's been a long day. Then I will have plenty of time to get ready. I don't want to be late. I pull up to my brick 2-bedroom house and see Jamie sitting on my steps. Oh no! This isn't good. I put the car in park and step out. Instantly, she comes over bitching and yelling about this and that. I look at her and say calmly "I don't really have time for this. Sorry, but we will have to have this conversation, or better yet argument some other time. I have plans tonight. Unless this has to do with Kaiden I don't want to hear it." I don't even give her the chance to respond as I walk in and shut the door in her face. Wow. That felt great. I have always wanted to do that. I guess she is mad and is leaving because I hear her tires peeling out of the driveway. 

Finally, I can have some peace and solitude before my date tonight. I decide to watch some TV and lay on the couch for a nap. My house isn't extravagant, with white painted walls and used furniture. The TV is a 46-inch flat screen that is mounted on the wall. My couch is old and beat up but it's comfortable. I like to think my home is cozy and lived in. Everything here serves its purpose and is fine with me. I set an alarm on my phone so I will wake up. It's only four o'clock now, so I have plenty of time.