The next few days had been rough, especially when they made him get up and start walking. Moving was not his friend at the moment, neither was talking, eating or just about anything, but he was healing and that's what mattered. However he hadn't realized how much pain he had actually been in until they had started weening him off the morphine. Goddric and Asami had been right there the whole time supporting and reassuring him. He had learned that while he was unconscious Nate and his pack had rounded up all and dealt with the few members of Paul's pathetic 'pack'. When he had all but freaked out over Rico, his mates had assured that he was alive and well. That his part in saving him had lead Goddric and Asami to offer him a place in their pack. To Rayn's complete relief Rico had accepted their offer. As well, to everyone's relief, the worse injuries he had sustained were the two cracked ribs, severe bruising and swelling on his neck and that over three quarters of his body was bruised. His backside had several small lacerations and was also bruised, no surprise there, but everything was healing very well. After speaking with the psychiatrist he would be able to leave the hospital today. Which Rayn couldn't wait for, he was tired of being stuck there and well hospital food, even in a pack, was the worse. "So here is your discharge papers Pup. The doctor has prescribed to mild liquid painkiller mixed with an anti inflammatory. He recommends you stick to liquids and extremely soft foods for the next few days to a week and then slowly start getting back to your normal eating habits. He also recommended that you keep talking to a bare minimum so that your throat can continue to heal. He also prescribed a cream for, well you know. You are on a weight restriction of no more then a gallon of milk for the next week, then you can slowly increase it so that you don't strain your ribs while they heal. You should be able to completely off the weight restrictions in two months as long as you follow the doctors orders, and you will need to be cleared by a doctor. The doctor also wants you to see a therapist once you get home." The nurse informed them as she handed them the paper work."Great... looks like I wont be fixing any cars tomorrow." He joked to his mates through their link. Both of them just looked at him and chuckled. Rayn had been doing his best to not think about what happened, and focus on getting back to his happy self. However he knew it was going to take a long time before he was back to normal, and that was if  he could. Not to mention his mates had already made it clear he would start therapy as soon as they get back home. He had protested, in his opinion therapy was pointless and a waste of time. To which Asami had replied, "You know Love, opinions are like assholes, every body has them. However all jokes aside, this isn't optional. You are going end of story."

Rayn sat on the bed watching his mates packing their bags to return home. He had tried to help, but after twenty minutes of protest, and ultimately Asami using his Alpha voice, he was left to sit and watch.He hated this, not being able to do things on his own, not being able to help. "I know you're not happy about this Little one." Goddric said as he sat beside him on the bed. "It will not be long until you are back to normal, but for now,  just let us do it for you. Besides we have been dying to spoil you since we first met." Goddric cocked a smirk that had Rayn giggling softly. With a sigh Rayn nodded his head in defeat. How could he argue with him after hearing that? Well there was a lot he could argue, but for now it was rather sweet so he would let them. Plus if he was being truly honest, he hated packing. So he guessed it was a win win. He watched his mates shuffle around the room making sure they had everything and that the stuff for their carry on was ready. They were flying straight back tonight, due to some issues that came up with their pack. Sensing his worry Asami quickly assured him that the issue wasn't dangerous or bad, it was about their packs expansion of the hospital and schools, and just needed their attention. Approvals and inspections that they had to sign off on. Rayn still didn't understand why Eric couldn't do it, but whatever the reason it was important to his mates so that's all that mattered.

Rico popped his head into the room a few minutes later. "Oi amigos, you ready?" "Yeah we just finish packing." Asami told him. Rico nodded and left the room. Rayn had reached for his suitcase, but stopped when he heard Asami's low growl. "Sorry." He whimpered, knowing Asami wasn't mad at him, but that he was warning him. Asami pulled him gently embrace. "Give it time Love." Asami said to him then pressed a kiss to his forehead. Asami and Goddric took their suitcases to the car while Rayn went to say goodbye to his Uncle. "Have a safe trip home pup. Text me when you get home okay?" Nate asked him as they embraced. Rayn nodded and squeezed his Uncle a bit harder. "You got great mates there pup, however if they ever hurt you, you call me and I'll come kick their asses." "No need to worry about that Nate. You ready to go Rayn?" Goddric asked when he entered Nate's office. He nodded and took Goddric's outstretched hand. Goddric, Asami and Rico all said their goodbyes and then they were on the way to the airport.