19: You Are Me

Vixen

I love our new house! It's bigger, we have more space, and it's secluded. Our neighbors live a mile away from us, so we don't even have to worry about them being annoying. We don't see them at all.

Our yards are huge and we have some woods behind us. Andy, Cujo, and I explored them a little bit. There's a cute little creek back there with frogs and fish.

I think my favorite part is the window seats. I drink my coffee there, Andy and I watch the sunsets and read, I nap on them; I love it.

Having a new house is exciting! ...for the first couple of weeks. Andy and I have been settled into the house for like two and a half weeks and haven't had a mission since we moved in. THIS IS WHACK.

Both of us are restless now, itching for something to do that's work-related. If I have to spend another day lying around and doing nothing, or thinking of something productive to do, I'm gonna lose my shit.

That being said...I gave Goya a call.

"Yes, Agent Stryker?" He picked up.

"Hey, Goya! I don't know if you noticed, but you haven't given Andy and me any new missions."

"Well, the government doesn't need anyone dead right now...were you calling to ask for a mission?" He asked.

"Yes, please, anything!" I begged. "We don't have to kill anybody, we just want to do something."

"I have a guard mission available-"

"WE'LL TAKE IT."

"Alrighty then," he chuckled, "pack your bags, come pick up your suits and guns, we're sending you two to Florida. A band is there for a stop on their tour, you'll guard them until they go to their next stop."

"Ok, we'll be there soon." I hung up, turning to Andy. "We've got a guard mission in Florida! Pack your shit!"

"AAYYYYY!" He cheered.

——————

As soon as we got to the agency, we were given our suits and guns, then sent away to get on a jet to Florida. Yea, we'll be staying at the Ritz-Carlton, but we're not there for vacation. We'll also be provided a rental car and any food we order from the hotel is on the agency.

The details of the guard mission are simple. We just need to guard the band wherever they go. Andy and I will be taking shifts while we guard rooms overnight.

Once we checked into our luxurious room, we suited up and headed to the venue where the band will be rehearsing.

I bounced in my seat in the rental car, "man, what band do you think it is? If it's Pierce The Veil, I'm gonna fangirl so hard!"

"We should've asked, I can't wait to see who it is!" He smiled.

The venue for the band was the American Airlines Arena. As Andy and I approached the entrance, a man with a clipboard waved at us.

"Are you two the guards that Agent Goya sent for the band?" He asked.

"Yes," Andy answered.

"You need these so no one kicks you out." He held up two lanyards. Both read "Band Bodyguard" and their names.

As we put them on, the man instructed us, "the band isn't here yet. For now, please patrol around the venue. Anyone who doesn't have a lanyard doesn't belong inside."

"Ok, gotcha." I nodded.

"Take these too." He handed both of us an earpiece. "I'll let you guys know when the band arrives and where to meet them."