32: Pools of Vengeance

3rd Person POV

Today's the day. It's Vixen's first day back to work and we already know what mission she's going on. She won't be going alone though. She and Andy started this as a partner mission, and that's how they'll end it.

Hand in hand, they walked into the agency together, stars beginning to appear in the night sky. Both were happy to finish this and keep moving forward because if they didn't, it would've stuck with them for too long.

Though Vixen was over telling the story, she never forgot, much less forgave those people for what they did. As for Andy, he was never over what happened to his wife.

For what felt like countless nights, Vixen struggled to sleep, and even cried from the pain at times. All Andy could do was try his best to comfort her, but that did nothing for her aching body.

Because of what they did, Andy had to hold his wife and listen to her suffer. There was nothing he could do or say to make the pain disappear, to turn her tears into laughter without her ribs making her regret it.

In a few hours, they'll finally have their revenge and can look ahead to better days.

When they went into Ace's office, he was ready with the file on his desk.

He slid it towards them, "information has been gathered and updated. Whatever you need to know, it's there."

The pair of agents took the file and opened it, reading over everything. The names and faces of new and old gang members, location of the hideout, daily times of when they're all gathered in the hideout...all of it, last updated this morning.

They now have the when and where and all of those fuckers are gonna be there.

The two smirked at each other, then looked over at Ace.

"You know what to do." He nodded. "I'll see you when you get back."

With that, Andy and Vixen were on their way to suit up.  Then, they signed out the weapons they were gonna use. More than what they'd usually bring, but tonight is special.

In the car, heading to the hideout location, they studied the new faces in the gang and talked about their plan on how shit would go down.

By the time they arrived, most of their strategy was worked out, and that was enough for them to continue towards the hideout.

The gang is still located along the same streets as before, in the basement of a rundown building. In the mission file, even the floor plans of the building were given. The two assassins knew exactly where to go and what to do when they were in position. Their Eyes were on standby, but wouldn't really be needed.

Through the darkness, Vixen and Andy approached the gang's building. There was no point in trying the front door, so they silently snuck in through one of the windows.

As they proceeded toward the basement stairs, a set of footsteps were heard coming up. The pair made gestures to each other that translated to Andy grabbing whoever was ascending upstairs.

He hid against the wall beside the doorway with Vixen next to him, and once he saw a sliver of the target, he restrained him. One arm held the target's upper body while the other hand covered his mouth to muffle his screams.

Andy let Vixen get a good look at the target, and she determined that he was one of the newer members. He can be handled quickly.

First, to shut him up, she stabbed her blade into his throat, then slashed down to the base of his neck.

"That's enough," she barely whispered, "leave him. We have more important targets to get to."

Andy let the body fall to the ground and followed Vixen down the stairs. Near the bottom, light and the sound of a TV came from the basement. They moved so quietly, they didn't even want to breathe, thinking it would draw attention to them.