1: The Next Destination

3rd Person POV

Vixen counted the minutes going by while the van drove and tried to keep track of the turns it made. That way, she'd have some kind of idea where she's going.

She stood silently in the middle of the six officers. She knew for sure that there were two pairs of eyes on her belonging to the people who are handling the catch poles.

The assassin twitched her nose, the muzzle sliding down a bit, but then coming back into place.

The whole back of the van was so quiet that when Vixen made a little sniffling sound, everyone flinched. The people with the catch poles slightly tightened the nooses.

Vixen cleared her throat, "chill. Just clearing my nasal passages, not trying to kill you."

The nooses loosened a little bit but still felt tight. Vixen could feel the pulse on her neck.

She's counted 30 minutes now and the surroundings on the outside were getting louder.

"We're in the city," she thought to herself.

As she tracked the vehicle in her head, she noticed the turns it took were familiar to her. She's gone down this route a million times before. Only one thing will confirm the location she's thinking of.

About 15 minutes went by before the van sort of slowed down. Then, Vixen felt the level floor of the van go at an angle. The vehicle was going down a hill. Yes, this is the place.

After the hill, the van parked. The two officers closest to the van doors opened them to reveal the parking garage Vixen knew so well.

When she was led out of the van and her boots hit the cement, her eyes immediately darted to the left to see the main entrance of the facility.

Narrowing her eyes, she thought, "why did they bring me here? I thought we'd be going to a maximum-security prison or something."

She knew better than to ask. No one would answer anyway.

Two officers walked in front of her, the people with the catch poles followed on either side of her, and two more officers were behind her.

They took her inside, first going down the long hallway where she last saw Andy and Ace. It haunted Vixen when she thought about what must've happened here.

If the trainees were anything like her, they wouldn't have gone down so easily. They would've fought until they couldn't fight anymore. Thinking that some of them may have died from insubordination to the law made her shiver.

They passed the infirmary, only darkness being seen on the inside. Vixen hated to admit it, but she would've loved for this to be a normal day and for Jason to try to get her attention as she walked by, paying him absolutely no mind.

Next, they walked by the training room. The part of the room that Vixen could see...well, it wasn't pretty. Her eyes have seen this before, she's been the cause of it before, she's had it come out of her before...but the sight of it here is different.

There, on the chalky foam floor of the training room, was blood. It was dark, meaning it's just been there, drying up and dying. The spatter was smeared on the ground, signs of struggle from the person who bled.

Vixen's feet froze as tears made their way to her eyes, "...whose blood is that?"

The officers around her nudged her to keep it moving, but she resisted. Her wrists pulled at the cuffs keeping them together and her feet wouldn't budge.

The nooses on her throat tightened and tried forcing her forward, but Vixen fought against them, "NO, WHOSE BLOOD IS THAT?!"

"You're gonna have to pick her up," one of the officers said to the stronger officer next to him.