"Ms. Manoban. Thank you for agreeing to meet with me after this morning." Roseanne looked to her feet and then back up with a blush that momentarily stole Lisa's breath.

"Lisa, please," Lisa said, smiling as Roseanne's brow rose, pleased.

"Rosie."

"Nice to meet you, Rosie," Lisa said with a soft smile.

Rosie took in a breath and looked around. "This is a nice place."

"I eat here more than I should admit," Lisa said. She nodded to the server, who pointed for them to sit anywhere along the windows. Lisa gestured to a table and Rosie agreed. They settled in opposite each other at a small two-person table, opening their menus before them.

"So, what's good here?" Rosie asked, her eyes quickly surveying the menu and then meeting Lisa's eye.

"Everything. But, I'm partial to their desserts and hot chocolate."

"You have a sweet tooth..." Rosie said, delighted and Lisa grinned.

"Big time."

"I think I'll probably stick to a glass of wine." Rosie stopped and then looked up, eyes widening. "If that's not too unprofessional..."

"Wine's fine," Lisa said. The waiter came over and they ordered, wine for Rosie, a fancy hot chocolate for Lisa. As soon as the waiter left, the two smiled at each other awkwardly. "Thank you, for texting tonight. And for this."

"You don't even know what I'm going to say," Rosie replied, amused.

"Well, no," Lisa admitted. "But I didn't like how we left things this morning. I had a stomach ache all afternoon."

Rosie ducked her head. "Me too." She looked up with a deep breath. "Truth be told, I was expecting a puff piece."

"Oh my gosh," Lisa said, her shoulders falling and Rosie's brow crinkled. "That's why..." When Rosie looked at her, confused, Lisa explained. "Last year I wrote a story about a dog that was rescued from the Bay by a teenager taking sailing lessons, and ever since, every single story I've been assigned has been-"

"A puff piece," Rosie finished, realizing.

Lisa nodded, her face slightly sad. "I think I thought if I asked you some harder hitting questions-"

"They'd give you a chance to write about something else." Lisa nodded and Rosie's heart ached. "I'm sorry. I know what it's like to be pigeonholed, preconceived notions touching everything you do."

"I'm sorry," Lisa said "I was, trying to be the reporter my editor always pushes me to be. Harder nosed, kinda ruthless. It wasn't fair to you."

"It's all right, I understand," Rosie said. "Journalism is competitive and you were just doing what you thought was best."

"I wish I hadn't gone that route, though," Lisa admitted. "Those questions felt wrong when I was asking them."

Rosie smiled softly. This was the woman she'd expected from Jennie's descriptions. From the brief exchange at the grocery store. The waiter delivered their drinks, both women thanking him, and they each took a sip. Rosie evaluated Lisa, and Lisa squirmed under the attention.

"What?" Lisa finally asked. "Do I have something on my face?" She brushed her thumb over her lips and Rosie bit hers in response.

"Maybe we can help each other?" Rosie blurted. "Your puff piece can be a little harder hitting, and I can be a little more honest with how my brother's crimes have affected me."

Lisa's brow quirked. "That doesn't seem very fair," Lisa said, and Rosie gave her a questioning look. "You'd be exposing yourself to help me... What would you get out of it?"