Chapter 21

HAZEL'S POV

It's  saturday today which means i have my date with Violet mom and momma said it was fine if i spent the night at her house as long as we don't do anything stupid...meaning have sex but neither Violet or myself feel quite ready for that and we're not even official yet we're going to take things slow.

I've been standing in front of my closet for an hour now trying to figure out what i should wear nothing seems good enough i sighed and Elijah came into my room since the door was open.

"What's wrong?" He asked kindly

"I don't know what to wear for my date with Violet" i whined and he smiled at me.

"Let me handle this" he said cracking his knuckles .

He stood in front of my closet looking through everything pulling out a pair of black ripped skinny jeans and a blush pink one-shoulder crop top and a pair of sandels. I smiled widely i gotta admit the kid has good taste .

"You are a genius " i said as i hugged him.

"I know " he said swiping imaginary dirt off his shoulder

"Cocky much" i asked smiling

"As i should be ,now stop yapping and get dressed" he said over his shoulder before walking out of the room.

I put on the clothes he picked out and put on some light make up and curling my hair i gave myself one final glance in the mirror before grabbing my over night bag and going downstairs.

"Wow you look good " Momma said as soon as i reached the bottom of the steps.

"Thanks momma" i replied with a slight blush creeping it's way onto my face .

"Come on I'll drop you off" i nodded and we headed out the door after i said my goodbyes to everyone.

***
Momma dropped me off and i breathed deeply before knocking on her door i don't know why I'm so nervous we've been friends for months. Violet opened the door she was wearing a pair of blue skinny jeans and a white Kurt Cobain band crop top her hair was in a cute messy bun and she was wearing some light eyeshadow and some mascara.

"You look great Vi" i complimented and she blushed.

"So do you that shirt really makes your eyes pop" now it was my turn to blush.

"Oh shit sorry come in" she said flustered and moved aside letting me in.

"Just put your bag down here and we'll take it up later " i nodded and placed my bag next to the stairs.

"Come on outside everything is ready and waiting" i smiled and grabbed her hand as we made our way outside i gasped at what i saw infront of me Violet has set up a projector and a white sheet hanging from the big tree in their backyard and a fluffy blanket surrounded by LED lights .

"Violet oh my god" i said as i looked at it all

"Do you like it is it too much should i take it down-" i grabbed her shoulders before she could do anything.

"It's perfect and i love it" i said with a sincere smile.

"Oh thank god you have no idea how worried i was about this" she said taking a breath.

I smiled and grabbed her hand and we walked to the blanket at sat down on it and Violet took all the food she had out of the basket and laid it out infront of us . We ate and laughed and just talked for a few hours till it got dark enough for us to turn on the projector. We put everything back in the basket and sat back and watched the movie as it started playing i smiled instantly when i noticed what movie it was...she put on midnight sun my favourite movie.

I turned to Vi and pecked her cheek and she turned and faced me her cheeks a lovely shade of pink.

"Thank you for this ...you really are sweet Vi" she smiled and nodded.

"You're welcome " she tucked a strand of hair behind my ear letting her hand rest on my cheek she looked down at my lips then up into my eyes again.

I started leaning in bit by bit and so did she i closed my eyes when i felt her lips collide with mine it felt like everything melted away and it was just the two of us in the world nothing else mattered in this moment ...i just had my first kiss and it was even better than i imagined.

Violet was the first one to pull away and i allowed my eyes to flutter open and when they did i saw a teary eyed Violet looking at me

"Violet what's wrong " she wiped her eyes and sniffled.

"I-i'm sorry i didn't mean to push you i know you said you weren't ready to be physical i just i don't know  I'm sorry please don't hate me" she whimpered and my heart broke i took a hold of her hand and she looked up at me.

"I'm not angry Vi i said i wasn't ready to have sex but that doesn't mean we can't kiss...i actually really liked it and if i didn't want to kiss you i wouldn't have" i said giving her hand a reassuring squeeze

"Are you sure because i don't want to make things awkward "

"I'm sure ...in fact i would really like to kiss you again" i said while biting my lip a little.

"Yeah?" I nodded and Violet leaned in and captured my lips in another kiss

This felt so right the kiss was sweet and slow she didn't grope me she kept one hand on my cheek and the other rested on my back. She took her time with me letting me get used to it she never once shoved her tongue down my throat like some of the guys i heard my friends talk about it was perfect .

We eventually broke apart and enjoyed the rest of the movie, cleaning up afterwards going inside and getting ready for bed. We cuddled in her bed stealing kisses and just holding one another this felt right...it made me feel good not like the way Sydney made me feel i knew Vi was different from the moment we met but now i can see just how special she is.