Chapter 57

ASHLEY'S POV

It's been hours and we haven't heard any news regarding Danny or the baby I'm  scared out of my mind it all happened so fast and we weren't prepared for any of it . I've been pacing up and down the hallway for what feels like forever.  I turned around to pace in the other direction but i collided with a body the all too familiar scent of my mother's perfume filling my nostrils. I breathed deeply and let it all out crying into her ,i was so angry and tired but mostly just upset.

"It's okay baby breathe I'm right here" my mom said softly into my ear and i held on to her tighter .

"I can't lose them mom" i said when i was finally able to breathe.

"I know baby I'm sorry" she said as she started to sway us back and forth.

"Ashley.." my head shot up hearing doctor Julia behind us i turned around and looked at her, she looked so exhausted.

"Is she-"

"Danny is okay , she lost a lot of blood but she's okay she's in her room now she hasn't woken up yet but she should be waking up soon ,you can go in and see her if you want to."

"And the baby?"

"She's stable ..she'll have to stay here for a few weeks so we can monitor her, she'll be in an incubator for a while since she was born so early but as far as everything goes she's okay her brain is functioning well so is everything else" she answered and i walked up to her and hugged her.

"Thank you for saving them " i said softly and she nodded.

"Anytime ,now go and be with your wife , your baby is in the NICU a nurse will come by tomorrow morning to take you to see her" i nodded and turned around to face my family.

"Give me a few minutes with her alone I'll come get you guys okay?" They all nodded and walked with me to her room sitting on the chairs just outside waiting for me. I took a breath and walked into her room closing the door behind me .

I walked up to her bed and sat down next to her taking a hold of her hand .She furrowed her brows and started stirring awake , her eyes opened and closed again because the lights were so bright. When she was finally able to keep her eyes open i smiled lightly at her.

"Hi baby" i said softly and touched her cheek

"Where is she?" She asked as she looked around

"Easy baby she's okay but she's not here right now she's in the NICU we can go see her tomorrow "

"I want to go now please" she asked and tried to sit up winching as she did.

"Baby please take it easy everyone wants to see you and then we'll go okay?"

"Promise?"

"I promise my love" she nodded tearfully and i let everyone one in to say hi while i went to ask if we could go see the baby now.

Once everyone got a chance to see her i asked my mom and dad to take the kids home since it was already past one in the morning and they were all exhausted. They got Danny in a wheel chair and her and i started walking to the NICU.

"I talked to doctor Julia she said you were in labour for hours before your water broke , why didn't you tell me you were having contractions?" I asked

"I didn't think they were the real ones i thought it was Braxton hicks like i had with Elijah when i was this far along" she replied playing with her hands.

"Okay baby i understand and I'm not angry I'm just happy you're okay"

We were silent the rest of the way there and when we reached the NICU a nurse came to take us inside , we put on sterile robes over what we had on and hair nets too , she took us inside the baby's room and there she was her small figure laying under a light the diaper she had on was for preemies and it looked like it was about to swallow her whole.

"She's so small" Danmy whispered as she put her hand inside rubbing the baby's palm with her index finger

"I know but doctor Julia said she's doing remarkably well for a baby born this early " Danny smiled as the baby wrapped her hand around her finger .

I smiled and took a step back and took a quick picture of the baby sending it to everyone i hung back wanting to give Danny her moment with the baby but she turned around to look for me.

"Come here baby ,why are you back there" she asked and i went and stood next to her again.

"Sorry i just wanted to give you a minute "

"Don't be silly baby this is your daughter too"

"Have you thought about names yet" i asked and she smiled and nodded

"What do you think about Ava -Grace?" She asked and i smiled .

"I love it , it's beautiful " i smiled and pecked her lips .

We spent another hour or so with Ava and i took Danny back to her room so she could rest .

"I love you baby" i whispered as Danny started fling asleep.

"I love you too" she said with a smile andcosed her eyes drifting off .

I pulled out my phone and looked at Ava's picture.

"I love you too bunny " i whispered with a smile

We started calling her bunny because Danny said it felt like she was bouncing around in there so we thought the nickname was cute .  I sighed and closed my eyes laying my head down on Danny's bed falling asleep while holding her hand in mine.