[24] ✽ Painful Happiness ✽

Zacznij od początku

The signature tight hug slowly brought you into awareness of who the person could be and you warily asked out,

"S-Sora?"

"Yes its me. I am finally back Yuna, gosh I missed you so much."

Still confused how your best friend was hugging you right now when she was supposed to be on a vacation with her boyfriend, you nevertheless, hugged her back with the same intensity because you exactly needed it.

"I don't u-understand, I mean how?"

Sora gave you a childish giggle and you could not help but feel funny at your own question. She pointed inside your house,

"Won't you invite me in?"

"Do you even need an invitation?"

"Well that's true."

You chuckled as Sora ran inside without care and locked the door behind you, coming back inside to see her hugging your mother in the same way.

"I missed you so much auntie!"

"Well look who is it? Since when did you grow up so big Sora?"

"Its all because of your love and affection aunt."

"Oh really? I thought its because of your boyfriend huh?"

Sora blushed as your mother continued teasing her and oddly, it felt like a special moment to have three of you gathered together after a long time.

"Well you ladies continue your chat while I prepare our dinner."

You pulled Sora away from hugging your mother again, laughing while she faked a pout before both of you settled on the couch.

"So what happened? How did you come back so early and what about Yoongi?"

Sora cleared her throat while you eagerly waited for her answer. She looked a little apprehensive but answered you.

"Well Yoongi and I decided to come early because he had some works and I wanted to talk to you."

"I am listening."

Sora hesitated and you noticed how she was fidgeting with her fingers. You placed a hand on hers to assure her while she sighed and shook her head.

"I just came back and didn't even ask your situation. First tell me, how is everything here?"

Her question caught you off guard so fast you could not even think of anything before she noticed your glum sigh. Though you wanted to tell her everything, you didn't want to bother her because she had her own problems.

"Nothing new and everything is just...fine."

Sora gave you a wary glance as you shook your head before both of you fell into a deep silence, one that lingers when both have secrets to hide but none to share.

You hated this silence more than anything because it made you feel suffocated more than anything and it felt like Sora and you become more distant. You decided to tell her everything to avoid any misunderstanding but she beat you to it when she looked at you with serious expression.

"I have to tell you something Yuna."

"Tell me."

"I-"

Sora sighed again, unable to talk for a moment and you moved closer to encourage her as she continued in a timid voice,

"Yoongi proposed me Yuna."

What? And here you thought she fought with him again.

"W-What?"

"I know, its so sudden but he planned it all from before. Seemingly, he took me on a vacation to ask me to marry him."

"Thats great news Sora! Aren't you happy? Wait, what did you answer him?"

Sora didn't answer you but kept a straight face and you felt uneasiness growing inside your stomach, scared if she had rejected him.

"I said yes-"

You gave her a big smile as all worry disappeared from your mind before she turned to look at you with a sad face,

"-but he asked me to move in his hometown after marriage."

"You mean Daegu?"

Sora solemnly nodded before breaking down into small sobs. You immediately patted her back, happy for her but confused why she was crying sadly. Then it hit you, like a ton of bricks thrown at you.

If Sora gets married, she would have to leave Seoul and you would never see your bestfriend again.

Hello everyone! Sora needs to leave her best friend if she wants to get married. What would you do if you were her? ;)