[24] ✽ Painful Happiness ✽

En başından başla

"Now I understand why his father asked me to take special care of him."

Jeon Jungkook, one of the most influential and smartest CEO in the country was actually an innocent and dense person? No wonder his father forced him to have an assistant and unluckily, you were chosen.

With a sigh you went over to your table to check the works you needed to do, alone.

"Yuna?"

You looked up from the television to see your mom walking towards you while wiping her hands on the blue apron she was wearing.

"Yes mom?"

"Why are you spacing out for so long? You have been staring at the advertisement for the past ten minutes."

Flustered you looked back at the t.v to realise that you were really watching some stupid advertisements instead of the movie you were previously watching which already ended and you didn't even knew.

"I didn't knew that the movie was over."

You answered sheepishly before sighing. Your mother sensed your downcast mood and patted on your shoulder sympathetically.

"I understand your work is stressful dear but you should quit if its too hard. I am still earning so I can manage for the two of us like before."

In silence you considered your mother's advice and indeed it was all true. Stress was always taking a toll on your body and you felt so restrained sometimes.

However you also wanted to work hard so that you could help your mother so quitting a job would be lame and pathetic so you shook your head.

"That sounds tempting mom but I need to work. I want to continue helping you and about stress, it will always be there in every job. Even though I try for another work, it will be hard one way or other so me quitting such a good job is like really stupid."

Your mother gave you a proud smile before kissing your forehead affectionately. You smiled, little glad that at least your mother was happy.

"I am so proud of you becoming such a matured woman. I am sure your father would be proud of you as well if he was here today."

Your smiled faltered a little so did your mom's as she realised her own words, realising that she mentioned your father after so many years. A pang of disappointment shoot through your heart as you remembered today's event in office.

"Of c-course he would be...won't he?"

Your mother sadly nodded and you bit your lip, knowing that mentioning your father in any conversation was really sensitive for both you and your mother.

Thankfully before any of you could become more emotional, the doorbell rang and you decided to check it while your mother went back to the kitchen.

"Who is-"

You opened the door but before you could even complete your question, another body heavily crushed you in a bone tight hug and you were surprised for a brief moment because everything happened in a blur of momentum.