Chapter 19 - Your Mother Was Cheaper

Self-harm scar mentions, drug-abuse scar mentions. This isn't romanticizing scars, this is me telling you how beautiful you are, but Aaron's technically telling you. This is gonna be an overlapping one just...if you're confused let me know

"Are you sure you don't want to stay home?"

"Aaron. It's Sean, we have to. Plus, he wants to talk about the wedding," you smiled a little and picked up Nala's collar before putting it back on her after you had just given her a shower. "You are such a good girl, huh?" Kissing her forehead, she stuck her tongue out and snapped her tail back and forth.

"He's gonna eat me alive, Y/N. I haven't spoken to him in a while," Aaron explained as he fixed Jack's flannel he wore with pride.

"He won't. I won't let him, are you ready?" You kissed his lips with another smile and he pulled you closer to him before kissing you more until Jack made a gag noise. You chuckled softly and left the house.

When you got the the cafe you ran into Sean's arms and held him tightly as if this was the last time you'd see him. He chuckled and hugged me back, he smelled like the ocean which comforted you. Aaron cleared his throat, waiting long enough for the hug of his own. Sean pulled back smiling at you before he hugged Aaron then Jack.

"Where've you been. I help you propose and you disappear!" Sean chuckled softly as we sat down. I give a small smile to Jack as he hoisted his body up, just tall enough to sit on his knees and eat. "Well, no worries. Is Strauss letting you back at the BAU?" 

The question made you tense up, you wanted nothing more than to go back but after Colin Strauss kicked you off the team. Your belongings sat at your desk and everyone missed you like crazy, but she said you had to prove you were mentally okay to start again. She requested a therapist, to which you slammed your hands on her desk and told her you weren't some nutcase.

"No...I'm pretty sure I've ruined that career path."

"Have you picked out your dress, Y/N?" Sean quickly shifted gears to help the tension.

"No, not yet. I've been-"

"Stalling," Aaron answered with the real answer, glancing at you and arching a brow. He was right, you were worried whatever you picked, Aaron would hate; you worried you'd look bad in every dress or look fat. You were also bad at deciding things, so you could be picking for hours. 

"Why?! That's it. I'm calling and we're going with whoever you want dress shopping," Sean decided and you opened your mouth but he cut you off, "don't argue with me Y/N." Sean continued to excuse himself after telling you guys to order him his usual avocado toast breakfast with coffee. 

"Took him long enough to finally yell at you," Aaron chuckled and Jack giggled, you responded with a glare at Aaron and he smiled. "What? Am I wrong? You've been procrastinating this since I proposed."

"I know. I've just been thinking of other things, for instance; if you stopped looking at me like that I wouldn't have to think about you bending me over your desk and-"

"Hello my name is Savannah I'll be your waitress this morning any drinks I can start you all off with?" The blonde-haired waitress interrupted me mid-sentence and greeted Jack and Aaron with a bright smile, soon giving me a fake one. Sean quickly slid in beside you as Jack asked Savannah if he could have orange juice. "Definitely! Getting ready to grow big and strong huh?!" She used her voice he most likely used for little kids.

"I wanna be just like my Dad some day!" Jack cheered himself and you shoulder nudged Sean, him playfully glaring and nudging you back. You wondered what would happen if you gave Sean more attention than your fiance, would he ignore it or get angry? Better yet...maybe he'd have to remind you you're his and-