Chapter 9 - Quick Musical Doodles

The rest of the day went on like normal, although Aaron's sketchiness was still present and for a while he seemed scared to touch you. You knew whenever he had a drop he wasn't really the same until the next day and it weighed him down. You'd do the best you could to remind him you were okay but it wasn't helping that he was distant again.

You were shaking for most of the day after what happened and Jack had asked about it once and both you and your boyfriend froze as he looked at you two in confusion. You came up with the excuse that you didn't drink much water that day, which was partially true.

Aaron walked into the living room where you were cuddling Jack and kissed both your guys' foreheads before leaving again. You sighed softly and the little boy looked up at you, "are you and Dad mad at each other?"

"No, he's just really focused on something right now. That's okay, because I get to spend time with my favourite friend," you tickled his sides and he giggled out as he squirmed in your hands. "Y/N!" He screamed your name and you stopped when he told you to, panting for air and putting his hand on his stomach with a bright smile.

"Are you two ready to get ready? Reservations at eight," Aaron popped into the kitchen and you realized you only had 20 minutes to get ready. Jack hopped up and rushed upstairs and you followed quickly behind. You thought for a minute what to wear and decided to wear something Aaron once talked about thinking you'd like amazing in.

You grabbed your silky gold dress that hugged all the right places and looked at yourself in the mirror. You thought for a moment and decided to bring your hands behind you and unclip your bra, taking it off but leaving your panties on. There was no harm done, the dress design was fitting for your breasts so you didn't flash when you bent down but there was extra fabric so if you ever got cold it wouldn't be clear that you had no bra.

You walked downstairs after grabbing gold and clear heels and saw Jack in a suit, which wasn't surprising coming from who his father was, and Aaron smiled at you for a moment. Jack looked at you and smiled and complimented you, which nothing was more uplifting than a seven-year-old calling you pretty. "Thank you, Bubs. You looked very dashing and handsome," you kissed his forehead and Aaron smiled at you two before you left.

At dinner, the waiter had brought you guys red wine and got Jack apple juice. You didn't drink your glass he poured and continued to keep to your water. Aaron looked at you and mouthed, "are you okay?" You nodded and he hesitated before taking a sip of his wine, you kept it away from Jack the best you could but he could still smell it too.

"It smells like Gavin and Colin.." His face scrunched up and right on time, the food got there and you sighed with relief silently so you didn't look like you were rude and impatient. You thanked the waiter and looked at Jack.

"Focus on your food and juice, Bubs." You rubbed Jack's arm and Aaron just looked at the two of you confused as ever when you got another hit of it.

He wore a suit and had what you smelled was a glass of red wine in his hand that wasn't holding your head.

You sat on the couch in front of Colin as one of the housekeepers handed you a glass of red wine. "It's our family brand," Colin explained with a grin.

"It's lovely," you followed his sip to keep his satisfied as the smell filled your nostrils.

"What have I told you?!" Colin grabbed you by the hair, the smell of familiar wine hitting your face. He threw you across the room and you hit your head on the cement and hissed in pain. You reached the back of your head and winced when you came in contact with blood.

Memories hit you a little but you ignored them as you smiled at Aaron and waved off the conversation between you and Jack. You took a bite of your food but a certain memory hit you like a freight train.