Chapter 16 - We Will Be Alright

Being arrested if that's a trigger for some.

"Are you ready?"

"Physically..not mentally.." You fixed your dress and slipped on your heels. You were told you had to go to court for the judge to decide if you would be put in prison for the murders of the people you and Evan killed; with your luck it just so happened to be the same time Aaron had his case for custody of Jack so neither of you could support one another. The girls volunteered to come with you as moral support and the guys said they'd attend Aaron's case.

"I know. I wish I could be there, Princess.." He pecked your lips, you two were more worried about your case than his, you both knew he would get Jack but neither of you knew how yours would turn out.

"I do too, but we have our family. If I do end up in prison-"

"Don't. You won't...and if you do...I'll fight to get you out," his voice broke ever so slightly and he grabbed your face before kissing you. You kissed him back and felt his tongue fight for dominance with yours; he tasted like a mix of coffee and the wine you two shared last night with dinner. His facial hair scratched your chin but you couldn't care less. 

"We need to get going, darling," you pulled back and he sighed, leaning his forehead on yours. You both had a hunch it was goodbye for a while, but you both prayed it would work out. After all, you did kill those men, it was the judges word if you were punished for it or they understood your circumstance.

When you got to the courthouse you immediately found the girls except Emily, "sorry Em couldn't make it. David's sick and she volunteered to stay home." Rose apologized on her wife's behalf.

"Don't be. None of you had to be here today..you know that right?"

"Are you kidding? You're family." JJ looked at you with a soft smile and you noticed Elle standing there too. You shook her hand.

"Any family of JJ's is a family of mine. Plus Aaron's head over heels for you, so you gotta be pretty special. You're also walking after...all that bullshit you went through. I could never," she chuckled and you all walked into the court room.

~~~

"What all do you remember?"

"Aaron and I got into a small fight over him putting himself in jail. Uhm-" You stuttered on your words, "I apologize."

"Don't. Take your time," the judge stayed supportive and understanding..for now.

"It was..cold that night," you started to try and remember all of that night. "The argument started as a simple small lecture. It got worse and worse as we got louder and louder. I refused to wear my seat belt, I said it was fine when Aaron told me to buckle up."

"I can't believe you did that..." You sighed as you set your forehead on the passenger dash board.

"I needed to, can you please put your belt on, Y/N?" Aaron kept his eyes on the road as he asked you again.

"I'll be fine, Aaron. You're a good driver. Did he fight back?" You leaned back and crossed your arms over your chest.

"No, he was cuffed to the table," Aaron chuckled a little and stopped when he noticed you weren't laughing, "I'm sorry Y/N. I wasn't going to let him off with just prison!"

"You could have told me where you were going and what you were doing!" Another fight started.

"You would have stopped me!"

"Yeah! That's my job Aaron!"

"You're not my mother!"

"No but I'm the love of your life!!"