Introduction

The small boy cowered in the corner, watching his father shout and yell in his drunken rage. Flinching every time he took a swing at him. His mother say on the couch, her head cradled in her hands, not paying attention to his crus of terror and pleas for help.
"Mom!" He cried, tears streaming down his tiny face as his father lashed out at him. "Help!"

Later that night when his father was gone, Vincent crept out of the cupboard where he'd been hiding. He peered around, his blue eyes wide with fear. His mother was laying on their stained couch. She was entirely still, there was no rise and fall of her chest.
"Mommy..?" He whispered, crawling up to her and grabbing her hand. He gasped and dropped it on the couch immediately. It was icy cold. She didn't stir like she usually did when he touched her. Her eyes didn't flutter open, she didn't smile her warm smile. "Wake up.." He pleaded, shaking her gently. "Mommy..." He checked her over and saw her cuts and bruises.
The bastard had finally done it. He'd killed her and left her dead body with the poor child who was stuck in the dark house. He was scared of the dark. Terrified of it. He backed away from her lifeless figure and started gasping for air. The room was spinning. What had he done? When would he be back? Was he next?
He sank against the wall and wailed like the four year old child he was. His eye was black and swollen, it hurt when he rubbed it but he didn't care. His heart hurt. His mommy was dead and he was alone. He was scared of being alone too. He reached out to hold his stuffed Marionette doll that was battered and dirty from him dragging it everywhere.
What did he do wrong? Why did he deserve this?
He willed his mother to awaken and hold him close to her like she normally would during storms.
He hated storms. He was scared of them. He was no match for the Lightning that cracked the sky. He wS helpless. Nothing. That's the way he felt now. He moved his over grown, matted black hair and sniffled.
He was scared of everything. So was mommy. She was scared of death, and now she is dead. Funny how things happen like that.
Suddenly, someone was pounding on the front door. Shaken out of his thoughts, he sprang to his tiny, lanky legs and ran over to his mother.
Oh no, he's back. He's going to hurt him!
"Mommy! Help!" He cried, clutching her cold hand.
The door was kicked open and a police officer entered, along with a woman in her early twenties and another man. Vincent couldn't tell how old he was.
The woman slapped a hand over her mouth when she saw him and turned to the officer who also looked appalled.
"Take the kid out of here, he shouldn't be subjected to this anymore." The officer shook his head.
"Hello.." The woman now spoke to Vincent and he looked up at her, scared. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?"
Vincent backed away and shook his head, still holding his mother's hand.
"I'm not going to hurt you." She coaxed, walking forward. "I want to help you."
Vincent, still unsure, burst into tears. The woman scooped him up in her arms, looking at him worriedly. He desperately wanted to fight back, but his energy was gone. He lost all of his fight. He let her take him away. Away from the pain. Away from the misery. But not from his dark state of mind.

A/N: hey guys! :) quick right? This is the first chapter of my new story about Vincent, the famed killer of the horror game, Five Nights at Freddy's! Remember to vote, comment and follow! :3 thanks guys!
~Maddie<3