Clay felt like a baby, watching his food be prepared by someone else since he wasn't capable of doing so himself. He was handed back the plate, as well as the fork, and he was able to at least eat the cakes better. Was it graceful? No. The poor guy could not handle a fork with his left hand. He just had his fingers gripped around the handle and he just repeatedly stabbed each and every piece. 

The sight was very funny. 

They all sat and ate food for a while, talking about random topics. 

"I think I'm going to shower." Clay said once they were all finished. "Do you need help with anything?" Nick asked, knowing the last time he had to tape a trash bag over Clays arm so the cast didn't get wet. 

"Just the bag." Clay replied, starting to pull his socks off so he could get ready for the shower. "Okay." Nick said as Clay headed over to his suitcase to find a hoodie, and a pair of joggers. He then went to unclip his sling, pulling apart velcro and unclipping the buckles. 

Unlike George he had a simple white cast. It of course had the penis drawn on, but Nick also insisted on how it needed on of the cryptic Dream smiley faces, so there was one, right at the top of the cast. 

Nick helped him get situated and eventually George and Nick were just chilling in the bedroom, waiting for Clay to get out so they could continue to do absolutely nothing.

"Hey Sapnap?" George asked, looking over at his friend. "Wassup?" Nick replied looking at his friend.

"Why is he mute?" George asked. The question was serious, and he was curious as to why Clay was the way he was. "I've asked Dream before, but he ignores it or redirects the conversation. I've never gotten a straight answer from him and I'm just worried that's all."

Nick looked at George. He understood how he felt to an extent. But he also knew a lot more than other people did, since he had been Clays friend for years and he was there during a couple instances. 

"He doesn't talk about it because he doesn't like to think about it." Nick explained, "His dad was a horrible person, and even worse when drunk, which he was pretty much every hour of every day. That's why Dream doesn't drink, he doesn't want to turn out like that."

"He basically conditioned Dream to not speak. He would yell at him or hit him, and it got to a point where his dad would use him as a punching bag to relieve stress. Every time Dream would ask his father a question, or even say hello, it would risk his safety. It got so bad that he assumed everyone would act like his father so he was a very quiet kid."

Nick paused, thinking back to a couple times he was in a voice call with Clay as a young boy. Clay had forgotten to mute himself when his father walked in, and Nick had to sit and listen to the punches, and the crying, and the "I'm sorry!" every 3 seconds. He could forget the screams and the pain in his friends voice. Even 9 years later. 

He was too young to know exactly what was happening, so he wasn't able to do anything about it, but he wished every day that he could go back and call the police and maybe stop Clays father before things got too bad. 

"Then the incident happened." Nick prefaced, thinking about the night that Clays father got into a car accident while driving drunk. "Dream called me after he saw his dad break a glass bottle over his mothers head. He sounded a little worse for wear but he was still talking. The next day he texted me that his dad was on life support, he had caused a three car pile up on the highway. No one survived."

Nick choked up, thinking about everything.

"It really got to Dream. He didn't physically talk to me for months. Just texts. He just stopped talking, he never explained exactly why to me, but I knew about his dad, and I knew how quiet he could get so I put two and two together. He told me a few years ago that I was the only person he actually talked to outside of texting, which basically confirmed what I already assumed."

"So his dad, died in the ICU?" George asked, looking concerned. This was a lot to process. "Yeah, I think that's why seeing you really got to him. You reminded him of when he saw his dad in the hospital."

George looked out the window, processing everything. Now he understood why Clay was so scared to tell him about being mute. Why he would shut down whenever anyone would yell at him. The flinching when he saw the quick approach of a hand in his direction.

The constant nightmares.

Clay was scared, better yet terrified, that someone would hurt him for speaking. 

George then realized the value of Clay opening up to him. Saying he was comfortable around George. He realized how much he really trusted him. Even after all the times that George had made him cry, or gotten on his nerves. Clay still trusted him. Clay still loved him.

And George was really starting to realize how much he loved Clay too. 

So when Clay exited the shower, and saw George hopping towards him, he was confused. He watched as George pulled himself up to reach his lips and kissed him. Right there. 

Clay didn't protest and just let it happen. It was more passionate than the first, and it lasted longer too. They seemed to fit together perfectly, like they were truly meant to be together.

At some point George wrapped his arms around Clays neck, and Clay rested his hands on Georges hips. And when they pulled back, they stared into each others eyes, smiling with blush creeping onto their cheeks. 

George unhooked his arms and pulled Clay into a tight hug, squeezing as hard as his weak body could. Ignoring the grunt that Clay let out. And Clay ignored the pain in his rib cage. 

He wanted this so much. He needed this.

"You should get back in the bed before the doctor hunts you down." Nick piped in ruining the moment, having seen everything. "You're supposed to be on bed rest Gogy."

"Oh hush."

A|N 

I feel like I should mention this, but as far as I'm concerned real dreams dad is not actually a dick and this is all fiction. So uh.. And I figured I would incorporate dream not drinking (because real dream doesnt drink based on what hes said) into the story line because fun fact, alcoholism and addiction actually have a genetic component which I find very interesting.

Anyways, after this theres one last full chapter and then a short 500 to 700 word epilogue so were nearing the end! I hope this story has been enjoyable so far, I also really appreciate all the feedback and interactions from everyone, they really make my day when I wake up to read all the comments!

as always, feedback is very much appreciated!

-wowie