⫷ 8 • Noahtic Ark ⫸

En başından başla

"You saw that guy? He's their target." I whispered to Steve making sure no one could hear.

"Ohh, so that's him." He whispered back. We had a long conversation about the incidents which going to happen around the journey.

"Yeah, we'll enjoy our time here. Understood." I smiled at him signalling him to not get involved with him and our own business.

"Yeah yeah. You still don't trust me, don't you?"

"Don't be like that. I do trust you." I laughed it out. "Anyway, I've already cleared everything about our engagement. We are gonna end it."

Steve just sighed. "I know, Jane. But are you sure? What about your father's wish?"

"It's alright. Mom will take care of him. Haha. I'm gonna ask for annulment so rest assure!" I whispered.

"Yeah, fine. Let's not talk about it here. We are in crowded area." Steve whispered back.

"Okay!"

We finally went inside the ship and got ready for the party.

*Few moments later*

Steve and I entered the Grand Hall. We both took a glass of wine and observed around.

"Please fix that face of yours. You might scare the children here." Steve tried to lighten the mood.

"Don't wanna." I sipped my wine. Still annoyed with the fact that I'm in the ship. I tried my best to avoid this arc but it was of no use. He sighed.

"Steve! And Jane! You really came. Are feeling well today? Your complexion look better than last time." I turned to see Albert coming towards me. Well, it's the power of Make up! I won't attend a party looking like a dead rat, you see!

Now, I have to fake a smile again. I sighed mentally.

"Hello, Albert. Yes, I'm fine now. I took a good rest for past few days. Thank you for worring about me" I smiled his way. He forced it on me!

"Of course, I was worried.You and Steve are precious friends to me and my brothers. " Albert confronted. "Are you perhaps not enjoying the party? You looked distressed a moment ago." He looked worried. Obviously, he's faking it too. I looked at Steve for the rescue.

"Haha, actually we had a little quarrel on our way here. So she's a little upset with me. Don't worry. We're always like that." Steve lied.

"Ah, I see. I can't say anything then."

"Sir Moriarty. Ah! Sir Jonathan is also there and Miss..?" The man looked at me with confusion.

"Greetings, Mr. Selmon. She's Jane Hellem, my fiancee." Steve stated. We haven't officially broken our engagement so it was a better option for Steve.

"I see. Greetings to you, Miss Hellem. Hope you are enjoying yourself here." The old man fixing his mushtache said.

"Of course, I am. Nice to meet you too, Mr. Selmon." I greeted him.

"Well, I hope you won't mind if we take your fiance for a little chat." He jokingly asked.

"Oh dear! Why would I mind? Of course, you can chat with him. By the time I'll meet other acquaintance here." I opened the hand fan to cover my face and smiled with my eyes.

"Very well then." The man said.

"Jane, It looks like Steve and I have to go." Albert remarked.

"It's alright. Let's talk some other time." I gently smiled. Steve and Albert took their leave.

Come to think of it, making me enter this ship, must be William's idea. I might be under his watch. Nevermind, it's not like he'll find something interesting as such. Let's just fool around!

I went to greet other nobles acquainted to my father. It was tiring. Atleast better than talking to those annoying ladies here. Somehow, they always find me spiteful. They don't even hesitate to play dirty tricks on me for not having any allies. Alice is the only girl who's important to me and that's suffice.

The music was playing, people were dancing. The target getting pissed off, just as William planned.

I was casually having my wine as I waited for William and Sherlock to meet. Hoping I don't miss the scene. As a fangirl, witnessing Sherliam moment is a must!

Suddenly, a group of ladies bumped into me. My wine went flying to some guy's suit while I just wobbled a little due to heels but managed to not fall.

Without glancing at them I can tell they were those annoying ladies.

"We're really sorry! Are you alright?" A dark grin can be sensed by her voice. I'll just get away from them.

"It's okay. I'm fine." I monotonously answered.

"Woah! You've got quite a balance there. Normally a lady would've fell by the impact." I heard a man's voice. I looked up to see who said that.

Shit! It's him!