ep. 9 | chemi test

NaRi sat in her chair, not really sure how to feel after seeing Geonu for the last time in who knew how long.

stray tears fell from her eyes, the feeling of sadness not leaving her body no matter how much she begged it to.

as the 12 flags dropped revealing their new rankings, NaRi let her mouth lift into a small smile. she put on her badge, put her nameplate on the 2nd place chair, a sense of relief washing over her.

"AHH i get the nice room! move!" she exclaimed as the began rushing up the stairs, pushing the boys out of her way. she walked in ahead of the boys, already opening a bag of snacks when they walked in. [a/n: 1,2,3,4 aka HeeSeung, NaRi, JungWon, and SungHoon will be in this room!!]

"oh? what's this?" she heard JungWon suddenly ask, making NaRi rush over to where he was.

"the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place I-LANDERs get to have a day of freedom." JungWon read aloud, making NaRi's mood spike up.

"WOOOOOOO!" she shouted, bursting into a dance.

"NaRi, stop twerking." the viewers heard HeeSeung say, out of frame.

once the other I-LANDERs left the room, the four began to celebrate their advantage. "i don't know dude i just wanna go outside of this place!" she said to no one in particular as the boys were planning what they'd do for their time out.

the next morning, the three boys had to work as a team to get NaRi out of bed. after five minutes, they left her alone to play with the mist Sunoo had talked so greatly about. she drowsily ate her breakfast with the boys, suddenly remembering the next test.

she slowly walked down the stairs as to not trip, for some reason feeling all the tiredness in her system finally taking its toll on her. however, when they all noticed the unfamiliar props in the practice room, her excitement overtook her tiredness. she walked to the room, hiding behind the curtains to suddenly pop out and yell "magic!"

she sat in her chair, excitedness now being the only thing she felt. '케미 테스트' "chemi test?" she asked aloud.

"flicker" she read, curiosity growing at a rapid speed. her eyes widened as the video popped up on screen— immediately falling in love with the song the more she listened to it.

i want it i want it i want it!!!!

NaRi absolutely fell in love with Flicker; nothing was going to change her feeling of need for that song. although, when the second song started... maybe her mind was going to change a tad bit. as she watched the choreography video more, she decided she didn't mind what team she was put into— she could just change her vibe to match it as she'd always done.

the teams were split evenly into 6 & 6 AND the final scores were going to be decided from global votes. well im pretty okay at both of the vibes in this test so i just gotta look better towards the viewers... viewers if you can somehow hear me pls vote for me :[

"I-Land Part 2, the second test will be in six days." great, six more days of putting myself through

torture. "each unit's limited capacity is 6 for 'Flicker' and 6 for 'Dive Into You'. since a higher individual ranking results in more benefits according to the rules of I-Land Part 2, the current 1st place I-LANDER will be given priority to select both song and unit members."

NaRi's mouth fell agape, quickly turning her head to lock eyes with her best friend. she maintained eye contact with him, later cocking her head to a side and sending a wink to the older, as if telling him 'you better pick me first'. she laughed with him, later going on to do the famous "PRESSURE!" JunHui (SEVENTEEN's 준) move after Jay said the word.