"The barn is this way," Sky said, and stepped on another trail that was hidden behind a huge oak on my left.

I followed him and asked him again if there was something bothering him.

"It's just... I like hanging out with you," he said timidly.

"But?" I encouraged him to carry on.

"I know I'm not much fun, and I know I'm a weirdo, so you don't have to force yourself to hang out with me," he spoke almost too quietly for me to hear.

"Hey – you are not a weirdo," I told him. "I like your company because you are different."

"By different, you mean weirdo," Sky said.

"No, don't put words in my mouth," I told him sharply. "I like you the way you are. You're not acting someone else, and I admire that," I added with a kinder tone. "I wish I was more like you."

"Are you acting someone else then?" Sky asked.

I laughed a little. "I don't know," I said quietly, and shook my head like it could somehow clear my thoughts.

"What do you mean, you don't know?" Sky asked.

"Never mind," I said with a smile. "How far is the barn?"

"It's just up ahead," Sky said, and pointed at what seemed to be the middle of nowhere. Then he turned to look at me again. He hesitated a bit before he asked carefully, "Is there something bothering you?"

"No... I mean, I think it's just the pressure..." I muttered.

"You can tell me anything," Sky said. "If you want."

"I will remember that," I told him with a reassuring smile. "I'm fine, I just need a little break from everything. That's why I want to enjoy this trip."

Sky smiled back at me. "Sure!"

He took my hand and pulled me on another small path that was leading through thick bushes and big trees. It was really dark all around us, and I felt like we were passing through the gates of Narnia or something. I couldn't see a damn thing behind the leaves and branches. I could only trust Sky not to run over a cliff and pull me down with him.

And then, all of a sudden, there was light everywhere. It was so bright I couldn't see anything in the next few moments. Sky came to a halt, and I almost ran him over. He helped me to keep my balance, giggling cheerily.

"Here we are!" he said triumphantly.

When I could finally see, I noticed an old, red barn, and an unkempt field around it. There were wild flowers everywhere, and an old tractor close to the abandoned barn. There was an old road going up the hill behind the building, and on top of the hill, there was a partly destroyed house.

It was safe to say that no one had been there in years, except for us.

"Wow. How did you find this place?" I asked.

"I was wandering around," Sky shrugged. "Come, let's go take a look."

He was still holding my hand when he led me closer to the barn. I heard birds and crickets and bees and other insects and animals while we sneaked closer. I felt like we were trespassing, but who would ever come there?

"Are you sure we can be here?" I asked, trying not to sound like a wuss.

"This doesn't belong to anyone," Sky said. "We are not trespassing."

"You sound awfully sure about it," I chuckled.

"I checked," he said, and pulled me into the shadow of the barn. "There's a door here, but it has collapsed. I think we might be able to move it out of the way if we work together, so we can get in."