✨FORTY-FIVE ✨

Sana stood rooted at her place. Their closed eyes and hugging bodies was setting her body on fire and it was burning down her every hope, every belief , and the love in her heart. She still wanted her eyes to be wrong. She wanted him to deny every word she heard, and declare it to be a lie. She for once in life wanted to be proved wrong. His words, Nisha's taunting comments, Raj's wicked smile and Sheena's displeasured smile seeing her around was moving in front of her eyes.

Taking painful steps and a hope in her heart she walked up to both of them and whispered "Sidharth"

Sidharth broke the hug and looked at Sana's horrified state. His heart pained. She was looking like a dead flower, which wasn't plucked off, but there was nothing to be alive and which was trying to be alive. Her face was red by the continuous crying. Her hairs were a little messy and the kohl was smudged making cheeks a little black.

Sheena looked at her. She felt a sympathy towards her. She knew she was what Sidharth and she will never be a road block to it. Sana didn't even spare one look at her. Sheena wasn't at fault, but for that moment she had a only bitterness for her.

"Sidharth mujhe akele baat karni hai aapse" she was stony in her words. Sheena got the cue and patting his shoulder she walked away.

"Happy birthday sweetheart" he initiated smiling and effort to get a smile but she didn't respond to him, and the smile was a dream for the moment.

"Can you just answer my one question, only yes or no......nothing more"

"Sana kya hua....."

"Sidharth can I" she was aloof to his sweet endearments. She was straight and cold. Sidharth felt the coldness and it was new for him, because all he ever got was her warmth. He was not understanding her today. He was not able to read the eyes which always spoke volumes but were dead today.

"Sana hua kya hai and what have you made of yourself"

"Sidharth can I" her voice was loud and rude. He nodded, not understanding her.

"Did Sheena said I love You too, to you....just a yes or no"

"Yes...she did" he replied. Sana's last hope, died like the last leaf of the tree. She had no tears now. She didn't cry. He was worried seeing unusual her. Her cold expression and numbness was terrifying him. He moved closer to her, to hold her, but she took a step back with such a pace, that it hurt him emotionally. For a moment he felt so bad about himself. He felt himself to be forcing on her, as if his touch would burn her.

Since the moment she entered it was the first time she looked at him for second and then her eyes moved to the scribbled shirt. The three words on his shirt, written in red grabbed her attention and she realized she has been living in a fool's paradise.

The words read "SIDHARTH LOVES SHEENA".
She looked at him once and then at those words and said "you gave me the best gift Sidharth and I will forever be grateful to you for this gift. Thankyou so much for making my birthday the most memorable" and left the place. He followed her eyes and realized what was written, when he read those words. He never knew when were they written and who wrote them. He was unaware of the things scribbled on his shirt.

It was evening. The moment Sana left the ground her friends followed her too. She just settled herself on the bench in the empty ground of the college.

"Sana.....don't do this to yourself..please baby" Shreya consoled seeing her state, she understood what was she feeling.

"Sana let's get back home.... maa is waiting....chal" Riya urged and Anshika pleaded too but none got a reply. She sat there silent, looking into oblivion. No tears, no smile, no anger, no emotion.
They kept asking her to come with them and she kept quiet.

"Leave me alone please.....main aa jaaungi ghar 6 bje se phle" she broke the silence their after many attempts. They didn't want to leave her alone but that was better for her now. Being alone and contemplating the situation was needed.

She was sitting on that bench for two hours now. Sidharth saw her friends leaving but her to be missing. He wanted to ask them where was she, but he didn't have the courage and answers to their questions. He looked for her in the whole college and even on the stairs. She wasn't there. He was loosing his calm now. Even the nature was crying with them at it started pouring all of a sudden. Sana's tears flowed, and were washed with the rain.

Sidharth reached her drenching in the rain. She was there, sitting like statue being all wet. She looked so angelic in rain, just like the first drop of the rain, that his eyes restrained any movement. He knew she was crying, but still she looked like a fairy in the rain.

He took long steps and stood in front of her. She knew he was here, but she didn't looked at him. She didn't want to.

"Sana.....sweetheart chal ghar chal....see tu bhig gayi hai bimar ho jaaegi"

"Sidharth just leave....main bachi nahi hun and I can go to my home..... I know the way to it." she was rude and he was hurt. But the moment needed his patience.

"I know doll....but tu bhut bhig gayi hain.......you will catch cold come I will drop you" he was soft in his words.

"Did you not hear me......just go away from here and from my life please" she yelled and he broke.

He knew she was stubborn and this was not the moment for it. He wrapped his arm around her back and other at the back of her knees and scooped her in his arms. Her hands out of habit, wrapped around his neck. She hid herself in him and cried hitting him. Her sobs were aching him.

"Why can't you just be mine Sidharth....kyun I can't hold you like this forever....kyun I can't be in your arms like this forever....why Sidharth?" he had no answers.

"shhh....bas baby stop crying " he cooed softly, and she sobbed more.

"Sidharth why don't you love me....jaise main krti hun waise" he felt his heart in his mouth with her so simple confession. He just kissed her forehead and kept walking. Her sobs died and she slept in his arms. He knew she would hate to see him the moment she wakes up. He called Rahul and asked him to come to the college. Till Rahul arrived he kept her close to him, to keep her warm as she was shivering. Rahul came and he carefully laid Sana at the back seat of his car and aksed him to drop her home. Rahul wanted to ask the obvious question what happened, but Sidharth stare didn't let him. He just kept quiet and left to drop her.

Falling for him was not falling at all it was liking walking into a house and suddenly knowing you are home.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

This is for you all and your sweet comments. Keep commenting and voting and supporting me. I love you all ❣️❣️❣️❣️ and have faith in me it will melt your hearts in love, have paitenece