CHAPTER 27: ONE ON ONE

Start from the beginning

"This car?" he gestured to the car making her nods eagerly, "No. Not this one"

Her smile fell, "But why?"

He chuckled and walked ahead but she slipped her hand out of his, "Because you are a terrible driver" he replied ignoring her childish behavior.

"Are you serious? That was like five years ago" She rolled her eyes and walked towards the passenger door after admiring the Porsche one more time. She had always loved the car but since it's really expensive, and because of her history with cars, Baba refused to buy it for her.

He got in the driver's seat and closed the door, "If I give you this car none of us will live for five more minutes" he said making her pout, "And besides, if we die because I let you drive, Kamal will follow me to my grave and try to kill me again" this made her laugh slightly as she shook her head.

Ten minutes into the drive, Jannah watched in awe as he drove to a place she had never been to. The place had no cars and was just an endless road surrounded by trees on the sides. She had never been to that part of Abuja as she wasn't much of a going out person.

She put on one of her favorite songs, Big Spender by Kiana Brown ft. Prince Charlez as Suhad increased the speed of the car. She couldn't help but admire how fats and smooth the car drove and along the course, she found herself staring at her husband.

The sleeves of his Brooks Brothers Milano blue shirt was rolled up to his elbows as he used one hand to drive, the other hand held one of her hand. He slightly turned his head to look at her and a grin took over his features when he saw the smile on his face.

Jannah looked away as she couldn't hide the smile on her face. Her gaze moved up the rearview mirror. Her brows furrowed when she saw a black SUV following them, not closely though.

"What is it?" Suhad asked as he noticed her sudden mood change.

"That car..." she trailed off, "there's a car tailing us"

His gaze flickered to the rearview mirror before he shook his head, "Don't worry, it's just a few guards Mamita has following me for 'safety'. It's nothing for you to worry about"

Jannah's eyes widened slowly, "Is your life in danger or something that you need guards?"

He sighed, "Well...with Jabeer on the loose and considering the kind of relationship I have with the El Khabirs, she figured it wouldn't hurt just to have a few security constantly" he explained as he changed lanes swiftly. Jannah didn't think much about it though.

Jannah nodded as her gaze moved to the car again for a split second, her lips tilting downwards as she noticed something she didn't before, "But there are two cars" she muttered to herself. She decided against speaking it to Suhad since he had explained, she just let it that way.

Suhad heard her mutter something but he didn't exactly get it. So, he followed her line of sight and that was when he noticed it. He looked away as his brows furrow in deep thought. He kept that in the back of his mind and gave her hand a small squeeze of assurance which calmed her down. And soon enough, she was back to being the jovial Jannah she was.

The two continued their drive and about an hour later, they were back home. After parking the car, they got off it and all the while Jannah had this unwavering smile on her face.

"Do you want to visit Daihaah now or should we go later?" Suhad asked once they both exit the car.

"Let's go now" She said making him nod.

The two walked to the backyard in silence with Jannah lost in her thoughts and with Suhad lost in his, though glancing at her every now and then, "Thank you for today" she said snapping him out of his reverie.