22 - Pᴀᴛɪᴇɴᴄᴇ

Start from the beginning

"And a ninja.", says Kai raising his hand.

"It is our duty to help our dear friend Zoe in her need of time.", says Zane.

"Of course. She's like my best friend. My best girl friend obviously.", says Nya.

"I'll help her whenever I can.", says Lloyd.

Miranda nods at all of them.

Zoe starts to move around more. She moves her head and her eyes twitch as they are about to open.

"Everyone look!", says Pixal.

The ninja turn around to see Zoe open her eyes. Nya and Pixal help her up. Zoe looks around. Lloyd takes her hands and helps her off the bed.

"We're glad your back.", says Lloyd.

Zoe smiles.

Lloyd can't help it so he hugs her and she hugs him back.

"Oh yeah! Finally!!!", screams Jay.

"You alright girl?", asks Nya. "Your not talking that's why I'm asking."

"Oh...uhm yeah....I'm alright.", says Zoe. "Please.....don't worry about me."

Zoe falls on top of Lloyd and he catches her.

"You ok Zoe?", asks Lloyd helping her up on the bed so she can rest.

"Yeah... I'm good.", says Zoe.

"It's alright you don't need to stand up or anything, you can rest if you want.", says Master Wu.

"Uh- Actually.", says Zoe. "Thank you Lloyd. For saving my life, I know you gave me some of your oni powers for-...well me to stay."

"No problem.", says Lloyd. "Trust me when I say this, I will always be by your side. No matter what you can count on me!"

Zoe leans in and kisses him on the cheek.

"HEY HEY! Get a room you two.", says Kai.

Zoe blushes and asks "wait how long was I out for?"

"Almost three days. But at least your back now.", says Nya.

"Oh... I see.", says Zoe who's eyes start to close a little bit.

"Zoe? Don't fall asleep on us!", says Cole waving a hand in front of her.

"Oh sorry! I didn't mean to. I feel- weird.", says Zoe.

"It's ok. The oni power is just healing you. You'll be ok though.", says Master Wu.

Zoe nods and looks around the place asking "Wait where are we? I don't recognize this place."

"We're at your house.", says Jay.

"My house? Haha you must've hit your head hard Jay. I don't have a house in this realm, all of you know that.", says Zoe.

The ninja look at Zoe and give her some hints about family while she is still puzzled. Lloyd's sick of playing this guessing game so he takes Zoes arm. He takes Zoe to the other room where her mother is. The others follow.