Emotions? How about no

Damian checked his phone, for what felt like five hundred times, until Jon stood up.

"Ok, I'm gonna go take a run down to the library. Damian, stay here, because it'll make you look like some overprotective jerk if she really is just working on a project. Deal?" Damian glared at him.

"You are lucky I trust you, Kent. Anything goes wrong, call me. It's bad enough that she thinks she can take on the world." Jon pondered for a second.

"Wait. That was a backhanded complime- Ugh, you're so annoying Damian." Jon rolled his eyes and started out to the library while Damian basked in his self righteousness. Bridgette sat down next to him.

"So, Ice Prince," she started, Damian scowled at her. "Relax, for Marinette's sake, Jason and I won't kill you yet." Damian rolled his eyes.

"What do you want, Cheng?" Bridgette snickered.

"You sound like a pissy kitten. Chill. But I just want to know where you and Marinette stand. I know you are her boyfriend, but do you really love her? Or just the idea of her?" She checked her nails. Damian scowled, even more annoyed.

"Cheng, what are you getting at? What are these false accusations?" Bridgette smirked.

"I'm just trying to understand your mind. That's all, Wayne." Damian glared at her, then he shot her a very cat-like smug smile.

"Well, stop trying. Nobody can understand my mind." She sat forward, eyes narrowing.

"You obviously had a rough childhood, geez, mommy issues much?" Damian's cheeks blazed a light pink. He tried to back away, but Bridgette moved closer, scanning his face.

"What are you-"

"Oh, you do have a heart. Your pets, your family, and something else..." she backed up with a smug grin. "Or rather, someone. Marinette." Damian huffed, crossing his arms.

"You know, you could have just made this easier by just asking me. You did not have to invade both my personal space, and my privacy. And what you stated was something literally anybody could have found out by watching my limited news reviews. You are just being a nosy little-"

"DAMIAN THOMAS WAYNE, DON'T YOU DARE!" Dick scolded as he slid into the seat next to him. Damian wrinkled his nose.

"Grayson, what are you doing here?" Jason strided through the door to the cafeteria, sliding across the table, giving Bridgette a fist pound.

"Hiya, Demon Spawn. Dickie is here to pick you up for work. You got a fun new project with your team." Jason looked around the table and knit his eyebrows.

"Where's Nette? I thought you two were joined at the hip? I thought she would even be around Bridgette, who is supposed to be reporting back to me about her findings." Bridgette snickered. 

"Yeah, she's at the library to work on a project. Jon said he'd go and find out what's going on for now." Jason looked over at Damian, face stone cold.

"Report." Damian weirdly sat up straight, Bridgette noted.

"Dupain Cheng said she was going to the library for a project, but I highly doubt it since the only class we don't have together is her fashion class, and Cheng here," he motioned to Bridgette, "Is the only one in this table in this class, and she doesn't have a project as well." Bridgette snorted.

"Damian, in the beginning of the year, we had to do a huge project showcasing what we can do or what we know so far. She's probably just showing off." Damian stood up, enraged.