22 ~ button fleck

Start from the beginning

"look sung. honestly, if soomin is fine with it and you trust changmin's father then i think you should chance it. i know he's the 'asshat fucktard' that abandoned you and broke your heart better than anyone else and the dude was real fucked up for that but it looks like he's changed. i mean, he's a freaking elementary school teacher, if thats not character development i don't know what is. i know it'll be hard to accept and it'll take a ton of time to completely heal and move on from the pain he caused and brings but you need to be strong for soomin. 

"and i don't mean shove your pain aside and hide it away, i mean face it head on and deal with it because you can't carry it around with you for the rest of your life. that would do so much more harm than good and you have soomin, minho, jeongin, seungmin and i, even hyunjin and binnie, to help you. maybe even that chan guy, he seems cool. but point being, we're all here for you so take a shot and i'm sure things will work out great."

jisung wiped away the tears in his eyes with a goofy smile on his face. "thanks lix, i really needed to hear that. you're the best."

"i know i am, and all i just said doesn't mean i won't sock changmin in the face the second i see him." jisung laughed as he heard a concerned changbin asking what he did wrong this time in the background and felix clarifying he said 'changmin' with an 'm' not a 'b.'

"but speaking of changmin's father, which by the way i'm still shook that he's a principal now, good for him, but how are your parents doing?"

"oh, they're doing fine. we haven't visited in so long but we call every now and then."

"do they know about minho or the whole deal with changmin?"

" . . no? i mean each time i've tried to tell them about minho either an egg is burning or they need to water their plants and i'm starting to think they just don't want to listen. for changmin's case, i haven't even tried bringing it up since i wasn't even sure what to make of the situation at first, y'know?" jisung shifted on the couch so he sat with one foot on the floor, one on the cushion with an elbow propped up on his raised knee as he used that hand to twirl around strands of his hair and the other to hold up his phone.

"yeah, maybe they just don't wanna-" felix groaned, low and guttural and laced with pain which caused jisung to panic over the phone.

"lix? are you alright? what's wrong, are you hurt?"

"this . . baby, ugh, really wants out."

"oh my gosh. oh my gosh! CHANGBIN!! felix, is changbin there? oh my gosh, i'm coming over. you're at home, right? i'm coming over right now."

"changbin's . . right here, don't worry. don't come over i'll be . . fine." felix was interrupted by several pained noises and jisung could faintly hear changbin fussing over the freckled ginger.

"lix, darling, pass the phone over to changbin please." jisung received a grunt in response before the phone was given to said man.

"changbin, what's going on? is felix alright?!"

"calm down, you sound more stressed than felix right now. he's been having contractions a lot lately and the doctor told us to monitor them whenever they happen and if the intervals go on for longer than five minutes and become shorter in distance we should head over to the hospital. she told us after the first false labour and we're still a month early so it should be fine."

"first?! how many false labours has he gone through, why didn't you guys tell me?"

"just one, then the short contractions every now and then but you were dealing with your stuff with that min dude and we didn't want to stress you out more. i mean look, you're stressing right now."

jisungn huffed. "wait, what 'min' dude?"

"changmin was it? i'm not a fan of the fact that the douche bag's name is similar to mine, couldn't he have gotten a different name?"

"oh, yeah. well anyways, has it been five minutes? are the contractions still going on?" jisung heard changbin talking speaking to felix whose voice was gruffer than usual, indicating that he was still in pain.

'it's still going on but it's been two minutes so we'll keep waiting."

"okay, after this i'm still coming over though."

jisung could practically see changbin's eyes rolling as he answered. "sure, whatever."

time passes in slow motion when you want it to go fast, long strides that take an eternity to complete. jisung and changbin conversed light-heartedly about the baby and expectations and such while felix pitched in every now and then, seemingly getting better as the seconds went by. the seo-lee's wanted the child to have an english and korean name and were debating between haejin and youngjin with either chase or hunter. jisung himself wasn't the best at choosing names, his mother had named soomin and even the characters of his own novel's names were chosen with the aid of felix so the blue haired provided little help in deciding on a favourite out of the selection.

as the timer jingled to indicate five minutes had passed felix declared the contractions had stopped and that he was no longer in immense pain, only suffering from small aches. the three chatted some more about baby names and somehow ended up with more options than they began with, sifting through numerous possibilities presented to them by babynames.com. soon, 

after the frustration of making no progress in selecting a name settled, felix requested to talk to soomin and minho. jisung cautiously entered the eight year old's room, wary of the fact that the two ravenettes were watching horror movies, to find them cuddled up on soomin's bed among the abundance of plushies she owned. he took a quick picture of the sight and soon handed the phone to them, avoiding catching any sight of whatever terrors may have been playing on minho's phone. felix and changbin were on speaker as everyone chatted and minho and soomin added more to the list of 'maybe's. they laughed and talked for a while until a yelp was heard from felix and everyone began worrying over how he was doing.

"i think this baby . . wants out now."

❥ 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝟙𝟘/𝟘𝟙/𝟚𝟙

wow um just so y'all know i know nothing about having a baby so many of what i saw may be inaccurate so please bear with me lol,, i researched a bit but most of what i know is from reading other fics lmao🤠

anyhoo gosh i need to typee upp chapterrsss but im laaaazyyyyyyy and also need to do school work lol,, i wish i had more tiimeeeeeee :')

thanks for reading y'all, have a nice day, stay safe and sTrEaM >:0