I will need to get a job as quickly as possible and somewhere to live. I should probably sell the necklace I have on. There should be enough money for a few meals at least... But it is my last memory of my brother. Athena thought as she felt herself move a bit sentimental. Her brother was like her best friend, the two of them had been going through fire and death for the other one. I will wait a few days before even thinking about selling it. How much does a motel room cost per day in America? She thought while beginning to lay out a plan for how she would make her life work now when everything had changed. But I can't sell the necklace, it could be the last gift she got from her brother. Athena decided as she pressed back the tears that wanted to finely fall. She has no time to cry. She needs to be the strong woman her dad and mom had raised her to be.

Athena gave the planning a few hours before deciding to sleep when her eyes began to betray her. Athena put away the notepad she always had with her in a black bag and turned to a more comfortable sitting position. She looks out the small window seeing the peaceful sea below the plane. The stars were giving a beautiful light over the mysterious deep ocean, the ocean she always had turned to in delight and hope. Life will not be the same again, but at least I was alive... She thought before she placed her head gently against the wall of the cold plane. She welcomed the dark that consumed her mind, giving her some rest from reality even if her dreams were hunted by gunshots and ear-piercing screams.

***

Hours passed peacefully but when the plane shook by turbulence, the blond swede sat up straight like she was ready to fight anyone closer than a meter to her. Her brother had been pushing for her to be ready at all times, you never knew when enemies would come. Athena glanced around for something wrong but saw nothing unusual, low chattering was made but most passengers were asleep. She relaxes and looks down at her clock, just two hours before landing. The plane was dark but the crew was walking around with blankets in their hands. Athena looks to her side to see a gentle smile from a young crewmember. Athena smiled back at the flight attendant who was standing with a dark blanket in midair like she was ready to give her the warmth of it.

"I thought you would like a blanket miss, you look cold," She says, putting the blue blanket over the girl in front of her. Athena gives the lady a thankful smile welcoming the warming blanket. The smell of coffee around the flight made Athena sit up straighter. Athena didn't understand how people wanted to stay awake when the sun was down, at least on a plane.

"Thank you," Athena answered with a low voice, not being able to have a stronger one because of the tiredness and worries she was feeling inside of her mind. The attendant gave her a nod before standing right up again, turning away from Athena, and taking silent steps to her cabin in the dark hallway of the half-packed flight.

Athena couldn't help but think about her father's words before she left, Keep safe love... Life always has a plan for what happens. Athena knew the mafia wouldn't be hers because of my older brother, but she never guessed that it would end like this. Athena had always practised for times like this, and when it came, it broke her heart. Since she was a little girl her dad had told her of the risk their world gave them but never believed that they actually would come true.

Two hours passed unbearably slowly, but the feeling of freedom spread through Athena as she took her first steps off the plane. The sun was rising slowly at the horizon, sending its first warming rays at the folks getting off the plane. Luckily her dad always had secret IDs around the house for emergencies like this. It didn't need much to fake some signatures, now she was Athena Nilsson instead of Athena Johansson. Athena walked through a few rooms before coming to security and standing in line to meet the security guy. When it was her turn, she put her papers and her passport on the counter, waiting for the tired-looking guy who was checking everyone's papers to check hers. He looks up at Athena twice before giving a small smile.