Make out sessions and corpse discussions

Of course we didn't start catching the black dressed strangers yet, we needed to go and report our results first.

"I don't want you to do anything you will regret later", Life warned us with her most serious tone, as if we ever did anything stupid.

"There will be no other choice, if we want answers. Sending Edith or Brina to catch one of the strangers is even more risky", I said, "They are Creators, they are important."

Life was looking at me and she smiled a winningly graceful smile while asking: "And you believe that you are not? I would just like to remind you, that you are a human with the most inhuman powers we ever experienced."

I wanted to protest, but she was right, I was valuable. Nonetheless I would use the opportunity given to get answers.

"We will still try, we're running out of time. There is only one way for us to win this and keep this earth, so we need to go and catch one of those hooded creeps", Ezra said energetically, which impressed Life, obviously.

She raised a brow and took a sip of water from her glass. Even that she did gracefully and with elegance, which was just underlined by the white blouse and the light beige suit she wore on top of it today.

She sighed: "Just don't get yourself into trouble and be careful. Don't continue when it is too dangerous for you two, I don't want you to die."

"Of course not, you can count on us."

We said our goodbye and left the office, crossing through the big white hall with the baroque painted ceiling I looked up to again while walking.

"She is exaggerating", Ezra meant and I tilted my head a little.

"Hmm, it's getting closer to the end, day by day. I don't think dying is such an exaggeration anymore."

It really wasn't. I sensed the smell of death more and more everywhere we went, growing stronger every day. It made me uneasy, how fast the scents grew together.

"You look very tired, Cat", Ezra suddenly mentioned. Thoughtfully he took my hand, "Let's go home, the sun is almost down again."

And it was. The city was preparing for the oncoming darkness of the early sundown with street lights and colourful advertisements, and the last glimpse of sun was just about to fall behind the horizon.

This early darkness made me sleepy in the afternoon, but even more awake in the late hours. I yawned.

We returned to Ezra's apartment by scissors and fell down on the sofa almost right away, sleeping away through the cuddles. I awoke a little later and noticed that Ezra had disappeared into the kitchen, where he was working dinner.

"What's for dinner?", I asked coming into the kitchen after I had changed into my comfortable shorts and a sweatshirt I had found in the bedroom.

Ezra scanned me and a smirk danced around his mouth. "Apparently my sweater and rice."

"Sounds nice", I meant and began to hug him from behind, my hands feeling his body under the thin fabric of the shirt he wore, "When can we eat?"

"Just now, but I think you'll have to let me go for that", my boyfriend said and I released him from my hug.

The dinner was delicious and the rice was just the way I liked it with enough sauce, spice and herbs so it had a slightly sweet taste. If I hadn't been in love with Ezra already I would have been now.

We had eaten on the couch and with empty bowls in front of us on the table we were now snuggled together watching a comedy. My hand traced Ezra's back and further up his spine, until I had arrived at the neck of the shirt.