Bubbles, baths, books, bodies

I woke up and felt a lot better, Ezra had really worked magic.

Carefully I tested to stand and walk and I smiled happily, when I noticed I wasn't dizzy anymore while walking on my own. Another thing that had gotten better was my wound, which I inspected in the mirror hanging on the wall next to the bed, for the first time.

I could see the glimmer that glowed very freshly and the new piece of thread that was glowing in a slightly stronger purple and blue. It matched the ugly bruises around the wound that had probably already gotten a lot smaller from Ezra's work.

I pulled my top back down and walked out of the bedroom looking for Ezra, but he wasn't home. Maybe he had also just fled, because I was smelling like a piece of rotten goose shit.

Stepping into the bathroom the big grey stone block of a bathtub caught my eye. I loved taking baths, it made me relax and think, even better than in the shower. Ezra surely wouldn't mind if I could help him with a good and thoroughly made thought about everything.

A good idea was worth gold in our situation, lucky for us that we had some of the best ideas all written down in a book. Or had we? I quickly went to search for the coat I had worn when I was out that day.

On one of the hooks next to the door I found all his coats. It took a little while after I had found the one I was looking for and I noticed that he had cleaned it, but had left the sleeves rolled up. I smiled a little and searched the huge pockets.

The first one was still empty and not even my subway ticket was in there, but in the second pocket I felt the soft leather cover of the small notebook.

I pulled it out, admiring the old handwritten book. On the leather cover was the title, stamped in beautiful squiggled letters and painted with black ink.

The "prophecies of Michael the Wise" were made from parchment paper and carefully I took it into the bathroom where I prepared the bath. I let the warm water flow into the tub together with various soaps I found in the small basket sitting on the rim.

The bathtub was already halfway filled with water after I had undressed and put the smelly clothes on a pile between the sink and the door.

With my big toe I tested the water, sliding into the tub that had erupted into a big cloud of compact white bubbles.

The water was warming me and my wound and bruises. I laid back and let my whole body slide under the bubbly surface, making my hair wet as I appeared on the surface again.

I just laid back for a while and washed my hair and body, before drying my hands on the towel laying nearby. I didn't want to destroy the old book with my bathwater and I took it with care.

The content of the book was shockingly accurate. It contained a very precise data of all big happenings from the plaque in the medieval times till today. I read the predictions with big interest and went through the small book quite fast.

I had found important things I needed to show Ezra when he got back. Ezra.

I reached out, putting the book on the closed nearby toilet seat, before sliding back into the warm water. My hands were cold from holding the book and it felt nice to warm them again. I closed my eyes.

My thoughts darted back to Ezra, who had left a while ago. I hadn't heard him returning yet and it made me slightly nervous. I didn't want to think that something could have happened to him while being away, but these times were uncertain.

I cared for him in a way that made me uneven. I cared for him caring for me too. It was a strange feeling I had.

I wanted him to see me, to talk to me and care for me, just as I also did for him. Also he was making me crazy with his small touches he had left yesterday, sewing the thread back together and saving my life and today, when working his magic with my wound.