9- A Snitch!

Written: 12/24/20

Published: 12/29/20

     The four eldest were hanging up laundry to dry. The three filled Emma in on the teams strategy. "Play Tag in teams?"

     Y/n nodded. "Yeah. The vast majority of us will die if we try and escape individually. Still... I think all of the kids had some decent moves. We've also collected some new data."

     "We'll be able to escape if we do so in teams." Norman said. Emma nodded in understanding.

    "For now, I'm just going to have to memorize ten types of formations." Ray spoke.

    "By ear?" Emma asked.

     Ray smirked. "Too hard for you?" Emma shook her head.

     "We've got to step up our game." Norman said. "Let's start arranging these training sessions to make them more applicable in real situations. Both pre and post escape. Also, I've been thinking it's approaching the time to let Don and Gilda in our plans soon. We'll explain the situation and have them lead a team."

~~~~~

     Ray and Norman were washing dishes in the dining room. Emma, Y/n, and Gilda were taking care of the infants. Sister Krone was in the back, straightening and fixing the tables. Ray held a fork up and discreetly pointed at Krone. "So, what about them?"

     "There's only one way. Let's rethink our plan." Norman whispered.

     "You or I will most likely be the only ones who will be able to take this task. It'll probably be too much for Emma and the others... Psychologically." Ray informed. "Not sure about Y/n, though."

     "Well, technically, that just means they're saner than us. First, we've got to separate the two. Let's incapacitate them one by one. Three against each." Ray frowned at just incapacitating the Sister and Mother. "It'll be harder than going for the kill."

     They completed washing the dishes and placed them onto a cart. They then rolled it into the food storage room. "It's definitely not an impossible task to kill..." Ray commented. "But it's true that we can't kill those two for other reasons. They've made sure to track even us cattle. It's not farfetched to say that the monsters are also monitoring the adults. Some way of knowing if they suddenly died from an illness or some accident."

    Norman grunted in agreement. "But Mama really is a terrifying woman. Just by showing her tracker, she's managed to do three things. 1) Threaten us that we can't escape. 2) Bring attention to trackers that we can't destroy. And 3) Make us aware that we shouldn't even attempt to kill the adults. With a single little move, it's restrained us in so many ways... She knew we'd be breaking our head over this one. She raised us this way." Will we be able to sneak up on her?

~~~~~

     The four eldest were in the forest once again. Ray and Norman filled Y/n and Emma in. They said they have found a lot about Mama in the past few days. Emma asked what the two meant by it.

    "In a nutshell, Mama already knows we are the 'targets'. She probably figured out that Ray and Y/n have joined us two. No suspects or guesses. There's many reasons, but the biggest one is how she utilizes Krone. She is just having Krone watch over us instead of trying to help weed us out. She's not even trying to weed us out. She's even letting us do as we please."

     "But then everything she began doing at first never even mattered! So why is she letting us do what we want?" Emma asked.

     "Because she already has a method of monitoring us." Y/n butted in. "Pretty sure that's what Norman is trying to say. She has no need for Krone to mark us five in particular." Will this be useful to Ray and I or just be a pain in the butt later?

Enigmatic (Ray x Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara