50- Breakthrough

Written:4/15/21

Published: 4/22/21

     Two demons at the capital watched as smoke rose into the air. "Look! What are those?"

     "Something's happening!"

     He was cut off. A girl with brown and pink hair jumped up in his view and slammed his face with her spiky bat. His eye was smashed. Dead. Barbara's hand rose to her ear. "East side here. We're also inside the castle. The lookouts are dead! Bashed their brains out. My pleasure!"

     "We're also in control of their security lines." Vincent informed from over the radio. "So far so good. Everything went as expected. You can come in house of Gillian squad." Vincent watched on his screen as the clan entered the iron bar gate. "Locking all the gates."

      That capital boasts an estimated 5000 soldiers. The boss has already maneuvered to reduce this count to a thousand. Right now, 700 solders are in the castle town and the other 300 inside. The lot in the town have their hands very busy right now, dealing with mass panic after the bridges blew up, trying to maintain order. Moreover, they're totally blocked from the castle. All gates are shut. And, with no bridges left, they're cut off from the outside, too. The 300 inside will face the Gillian soldiers around 50. That comes in handy. Cheers for the alliance. It all follows from the plans and information from Minerva. Our people are very good at improvisation and going with the flow. So they work well with these guides to the inner castle.

     "Cisco. Barbara. That's enough. Retreat and leave the rest to them."

     Norman, Zazie, and Gillian's army stood before the door. Behind it was the regent homes and queen. "A splendid performance 'William Minerva'." Gillian 'complimented.'

      "Please enjoy your vengeance." Norman said.

     The doors opened out of curiosity of the chaos. One of Gillian's soldiers took a knife and stabbed the door opener. The families shrieked in fright. "The... The bandits?!"

       "The ones who destroyed the farms? But how did they..?"

     "It's been a long time.." Gillian said. He unraveled his bandana around his head.

     "No. This scoundrel is Gillian!"

     ~~~~~

      "Only two left..." Cisco whispered.

     "Amazing..." Vincent said in awe. "Their actions so far... the time it took... The difference in power... Every little detail... turned out exactly as the boss calculated."

      "Now, move in." Norman ordered. "But don't attack them yet."

      The royal family is at a wholly different level. Being strong, they could hunt the best meat. That made them even stronger, and smarter, too. After generations of this cycle, they became much more powerful than all others, and rose to rule them as royal. Let the Gillian forces have their fun with Queen Legravalima. Let them exhaust one another. Then we kill it!

~~Earlier and Somewhere~~

     Y/n, Emma, and Ray were in big, baggy cloaks. They wore demon masks. Cheers and happiness roared throughout the streets of the colony. The trio crouched in an alleyway.

     "The festival already started." Emma said.

    "Yeah." Y/n agreed. "The timing was much more strict than we thought."

     "I hope our friends on the way back are safe." Emma said.

     "All we can do now is to believe in them." Y/n and Ray synchronized.