40- Sacrifice

Written: 2/21/21

Published: 3/8/21

     "Yuugo and Lucas." Alicia said. "Are they going to be okay?"

      "Yeah." Emma replied. "They'll definitely be okay. Now, let's make it to the forest before morning arrives.

~~~~~

     Y/n snuck behind Lucas and Yuugo. Her footsteps were silent as she had learned on her trip to Goldy Pond. Yuugo and Lucas looked around. "I remember when we first arrived at this shelter."

     "If you think about it, this all stems from the Ratri Clan." Lucas added. "The death of Minerva and the hunting grounds. We're finally able to get back at them."

      "If it's here, dying wouldn't be too bad." Yuugo said. "That's what I always thought. But... They're the ones who'll be dying."

      "Yeah."

    "Let's go." Yuugo said. "Even if they kill us, there's no way we'll let them get to Y/n and the rest."

     Y/n frowned. There's no way you're dying here!

     "Yeah." Lucas said. "Let's start in the monitor room."

     The two men went into the monitor room. If Y/n followed them, she would undoubtedly be seen. She went into one of the bunker rooms and waited for them to complete their task. A man came in. "There isn't anybody in the monitor room." The man said. Y/n heard Yuugo kick the door closed.

     Y/n came out and listened at the door. "Hello." Yuugo's voice said. "Can you hear me, gentlemen? I've already taken care of four of your men. Today, right here, you all will die. That's all there is to it. If you think you can kill me, I'd like to see you try. I will make it back."

     "All units. Code 3. Change your frequency." Andrew ordered. How many of them are still inside? That man just now was most likely a decoy that stayed behind. Whether he's a decoy or not, he must die. We can chase down the rest afterwards. It's no problem. As long as we can take this shelter, that'll be the end of it. We'll be able to hunt down every last one. "First off, let's take care of the inside one first. There's a high possibility that he's stolen our equipment. Everybody equip your masks. In addition, to the bullets not being as effective, be careful not to be deceived. If you get a shot, make it the head. Is that clear? How we'll all deal with this... Don't let a single one escape."

     Lucas stepped outside. Y/n had backed away to the other side of the hallway as she assumed Yuugo took the underground tunnels. Lucas shot his gun aimlessly to reveal his position.  One man fell for the obvious trap and was shot by Yuugo. Andrew then appeared in the tunnel. Yuugo's eyes widened as he side jumped out of the tunnel. He ran down the hallway to meet up with Lucas who was waiting around the corner.

     Y/n saw Andrew come out of the opening. Lucas and Yuugo were already far away from where they were. Andrew tched he looked at the other side of the hallway. Standing there... was a h/c haired cattle child. She had no bulletproof vest as the two adults did. She did have a mask on, though.

     She raised her gun and aimed at him. She shot at the man's mask. He moved his head. Her having a sniper, it could only hold one round. Y/n moved her hand to reload. Before she could actually do it, Andrew had his hand at her throat and his other hand gripping her hair. She winced as she punched and tried to kick at the man.

     "Hello, cattle child." Andrew said. "You're going to help me. Based on your appearance... Are you Y/n?"

     Y/n's eyes widened. She couldn't ask how he knew because of his tight grip on her throat.