NEW ARC! 37- Khavitidala

Written: 2/13/21

Published: 2/27/21

     Y/n gave Ray, who was holding the pen, the cap she had recovered from Goldy Pond. Ray screwed the chip on and like it worked for Y/n and Lucas. The cap worked once more, revealing the different information tabs to the children.

      "He really did exist." Nat said.

     "Did Mr. Minerva die?" Alicia cried.

      "There's a path..." Lannion said.

      "An elevator in a pond..?" Thoma asked.

      "So, there was a way out of Grace Field, right where we grew up!" Anna said.

      "This is amazing..." Don said. He began reading the different tabs aloud. "'The king.' 'Supporters.' 'Plantation blueprints'. 'Lamba Project'. 'The 7 walls'. and..."

      "Here..." Gilda said. "There's even a way to contact our 'allies.' Do you think we'll be able to cross over to the human world if we contact them?"

     "So we contact our allies, and then... after we execute our plan to rescue Phil and everyone else at Grace Field, we'd be able to go from Grace Field to the human world..?" Don asked. "If we wanted to, could we enter the human world right now?"

      "We can." Ray say. "But it would be dangerous." The others looked at him in confusion. "That Ratri guy." Ray reminded. "Mr. Minerva's clan... in return for peace in the human world... for generations, they've been feeding cattle children to demons. And of course, the 'traitor' who killed Minerva. That entire clan will never tolerate our freedom."

      "That means..." Thoma started.

      "Ratri was the 'traitor' who killed Mr. Minerva." Gilda concluded. "That means we're somehow interfering with their influence."

      "We can't guarantee our safety." Ray said. "If we leave the situation as it is and flee to the human world... a plantation and its 'overseer' fall under the jurisdiction of the Ratri clan... We don't even know if the human world is aware of us in the first place. Even if we run away, them accepting us would be questionable. Breaking the promise and crossing over. It's likely that the demons would follow us. And... In the worst case scenario, we would start a war between the two worlds."

     "Please no..." Rossi said.

     "We can't secretly flee with such a large number of people." Emma explained. "Taking away such a valuable source of food is enough to start a war... I hate war. What we're aiming for is the liberation of Grace Field. Running away without anyone noticing would be impossible. I consider everyone from Goldy Pond as our family. I want to escape without losing a single person. But escaping is not enough. I want everyone to live with a smile. Also... I've been thinking since we got back from Goldy Pond. In the world, there are so many children with the same circumstances as us. And loads more that we don't know about. Just can't allow myself to leave themself alone."

      "I agree." Y/n added. The future I want... "It's not just Grace Field. Mister and everyone from Glory Bell, Oliver and everyone from Grand Valley, everyone from Goodwill Ridge, too. The mass production farms Sung Joo told us about, and the new Lambda plantation that Adam came from. Everything! We should get rid of it all and create a world where children aren't eaten. After we create a world where we can't be chased, then we escape from the demon world."

      "A world where we can't be chased?" Yvette reiterated.

     "Yeah." Y/n clarified. "And to that end, I want to search for and discover the seven walls. Then forge a new promise with him."