53- Quandary

Written: 5/5/21

Published: 5/10/21

(Sorry this is short.)

     BANG

Y/n glared at the guards on their side. She took a step towards one of them. He raised his gun and cocked it. "Halt." She smirked as she continued to walk. They aren't allowed to kill us immediately. They'll be aiming for non-vital areas. As long as I don't get shot, I can fight them all! Y/n crouched low and leaped towards the guard. She jumped on her hands and pushed off. kicked the gun out of his hands midair.

Y/n landed around the mans neck. She allowed gravity to swing herself down and up his neck. When she made a full circle and was back on top, she forcefully and roughly twisted her hips. The two collapsed onto the ground. Blood spurted from his neck.

When the girl looked back, Ray had someone pinned to the floor. Emma stood by another who looked dazed. Norman had the final guard on his knees at gunpoint.

The other three looked at her in shock. "You didn't have to go as far as breaking his neck..." Norman muttered.

"It is a bit far." Ray agreed.

Y/n put an embarrassed hand to her neck. "Oh well. Um... Won't do it again."

When the other two looked away, Ray cupped his mouth. "Psst." He whispered. Y/n looked at him. "It was far, but it was cool."

Y/n grinned.

"I'm sick of this." Ratri sighed. "Why don't any of you understand? Why do you all disobey me? I am your creator. I'm your dad. If there were no farms, if the Ratri Clan wasn't around... you wouldn't have been born. You were fed well. Raised and provided for. Yet you rose against the farms, escaped, and now you come back to destroy us. How foolish and disrespectful. I'M SICK OF THIS REBELLIOUSNESS! Those eyes! They piss me off too! Why won't you admit defeat?!" He took a deep breath. "It's fine. You're all just defects anyway. Kill them all."

Y/n closed her eyes. Nothing came to Nigel.

"Dad? You can't be serious." Oliver's voice came. "You're not our father!"

If there were no farms... Our families and friends would not have been killed to be served as food. If it wasn't for you... That abhorrent hunting ground wouldn't have existed. If it wasn't for your clan... the world wouldn't be this way. This world wouldn't be a place where we children are continually eaten by demons. How many children have died because of you? How many have shed tears?

You? Our dad? No, our dad... No, fathers, were blown up by your subordinates!

Oliver scrunched his nose in disgust and barred his teeth. Pure anger shot through him. Our father is definitely not you. "On your knees... Peter Ratri."

"Vincent!" Don's voice yelled.

Y/n and the other three relaxed. So he was still alive. Everyone came to save him successfully.

"Thank goodness!" Hayato cried. "Thank goodness, Vincent! I thought you had died from the way you buckled over!"

Vincent chuckled as he gripped his injured shoulder. "I figured I wouldn't be killed immediately. If I died instantly, they wouldn't be able to do the Gupna ceremony."

"It was still reckless!" Gilda scolded.

"Thanks." Vincent turned to the fast boy. "You saved us, Hayato."