Old Flame.

Lori Harvey

Your POV

You mean to tell me the one time I go out of the country for a vacation, my ex is there with her new boo and her friends? "Man, out of every country," I groaned looking at the post of my Instagram feed.

"Calm down. It's not like you're going to bump into her," my brother, Jeremiah, said and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I bump into her in California, which is fucking huge. I'm pretty fucking sure I'll bump into her here in the island."

"Dude, come on. Get dressed so we can go surfing," he said walking out of my room. I put on a bikini and put my hair up into a bun. I slipped on an oversized shirt and my sandals.

"Where is my speaker?" I asked my brother. "In the bag," he replied. I grabbed my phone and we left. We picked a decent spot on the beach away from people and I laid my chair out while my brother put up the umbrella. I put on sunscreen because you have to protect your skin.

"Well looks like I was wrong," my brother said as he pointed to the left of me. Lori stood there with her boo and her friends. I groaned and rolled my eyes.

"You're a jinx," I told him and he laughed.

"She's coming over here," he whispered. I took off my shirt and stood up to spray sunscreen on my torso.

"Y/N, hey. How are you?" Lori asked.

"Hey, Lori. I'm good, you?" I asked rubbing in the sunscreen on my torso and my back. Her eyes followed my hands for a few seconds before she looked back up at me.

"I'm good. What are you doing here?" she asked.

"Came to visit my dad and to get away from home for a little while."

"Hey, bae. Who this?" her boyfriend asked. I paid him no mind.

"This is Y/N, an old friend of mine," she replied, "Y/N, this is my boyfriend."

"I know, Lori," I replied chuckling.

"You and your brother should join us later. I'm having a little party with my friends," Lori said gesturing to her group of friends. I looked at my brother, who was subliminally saying no.

"If I have time, we'll be there," I replied knowing I was lying.

"Hopefully, you can. I'd love for you to join us," she replied with a smile on her face, "it was nice seeing you again."

"You too. Nice to meet you," I told her and her boyfriend.

"You too," he replied and they walked away.

"Why the fuck was that so damn awkward?" Jeremiah asked.

"Because her boyfriend came over," I replied laughing.

"We gonna ignore the fact that she wanted to fuck you the whole time she was over here? Sis was ready to risk it all," he said and I laughed. "She was not," I said pulling him up.

"She definitely was. She still is," he said. I quickly glanced over to see Lori already looking at me. My brother picked me up out of nowhere and started running towards the water. He threw me in the water and I dragged him down with me.

"This is why I'm the older twin, bitch," I yelled at him as he coughed.

"Only by twenty minutes," he replied.

"And those twenty minutes count," I said putting him into a headlock as I brought him underwater with me.

"I'm telling dad," he said trying to get out of the headlock. We wrestled in the water for about two hours before going back to our chairs. Jeremiah had packed lunch, so we ate enjoying the day.

"Come on before dad sends out a search team," he said walking me up from my nap. I groaned and stretched. We gathered up our stuff and headed back to the house. I took a shower and cowashed my hair before styling it. I brushed my teeth again and did my skin care routine. I popped in my contacts, put on a basic sun dress with some sandals because it was hot out.

"Dad sent a driver," Jeremiah said and I nodded putting on chapstick.

"Come on," he yelled out and I grabbed my phone, my AirPods and my phone charger. I walked out of the room and pushed my brother over before running out of the house.

"Moses!" I squealed tuning over to my dad's driver.

"Oh my! It's been so long," he said hugging me.

"I missed you," I told him as he let me go.

"Where's that big head brother of yours?" he asked.

"My head isn't even big," he said hugging Moses.

"Yes, it is. Come on before your father kills me," he said and we got in the car. He brought us to our dad's house and when we got there, my dad was waiting for us. I got out first and went over to him.

"My baby girl. I missed you so much," he said kissing my face.

"Hi, dad," I said hugging him. He hugged me for a bit before letting me go.

"My baby boy," he said as he hugged my brother.

"What's up, old man?" my brother said and my dad laughed. We went inside the house and the first thing I did was go to the fridge. My dad went to do something leaving my brother and I in the kitchen

"You going to Lori's party tonight?" he asked and I shrugged.

"I don't know."

"I'll go with you," he replied.

"Somebody must've caught your eye," I said and he laughed.

"Maybe," he replied and I shook my head.

"Fine, we'll go," I said and I got a notification on my phone.

from lori:
Here's the address. See you at around 9? ☺️

to lori:
yeah, see you around 9.

sorry for any grammatical errors.
part 2??