This Christmas.

Kehlani

Your POV

Your POV

"Did you find everything you were looking for today?" I asked the woman.

"Everything, but one item. It's this little set of cards that helps kids learn words and stuff like that. I wanted to get it for my daughter," she explained. I looked behind me and saw that someone had left them there for reshop.

"These?" I asked and she gasped.

"Oh, my God. Yes," she replied.

"Would you like for me to ring them up for you?" I asked and she nodded excitedly.

"Yes, thank you," she said and I rung up the cards. I continued ringing up the rest of her items and bagged them up for her. I read her the total. It wasn't too many bags, so I put them in the basket for her.

"I'm paying with card," she replied holding up her card. I tapped the button and gestured that it was okay for her to swipe or insert her chip. She did everything and the receipt started to print out.

"Here you go. Merry Christmas to you and your little one," I said and she smiled.

"Merry Christmas to you as well. Enjoy the rest of your night," she said and gave me a big smile before leaving the store. She was unbelievable gorgeous with such a beautiful smile.

"Hey, did you find everything you needed today?" I asked the next customer, who didn't seem to be in the mood for conversation. I didn't really say too much after that. After a while, I started to get food customers back to back and it was bringing down my spirit. As closing time approached, I turned off my light and started to gather up everything customers had left by my register. We began to close down and I was doing my reshops while fixing anything that I could find out of place.

"Y/L/N, can you please come to my office?" my boss said over the intercom. I went to her office and took a set in the chair she had in there.

"So, Y/N, the store hasn't been making a lot of money recently. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to let you go. I'm sorry about this, but I can't afford to keep paying you," she said and I frowned.

"You're firing me and not Dale? All he does is yell at customers and steal food from the back. This is a very unprofessional way to fire someone," I said getting upset.

"Y/N, I'm sorry. Here's your final paycheck including your pay for today," she said handing me an envelope. I sighed.

"Okay," I mumbled and walked out of her office. I grabbed my coat and left the store. I got in my car and rested my head on my steering wheel.

"I need a Christmas miracle," I mumbled to myself as I started my car. My phone got a notification saying that someone named Kehlani had liked my photo. When I went to see the like, it wasn't there any more. I shrugged it off and went home.

POV SWITCH
Kehlani's POV

"Fuck, I liked it on accident," I told Destin and he laughed at me.

"Unlike it before she notices, stupid," he replied and I rolled my eyes quickly unliking the photo.

"What if she notices?" I asked.

"It doesn't really matter. What is she gonna do?" he asked.

"I don't know," I said calming down. A few hours later, I got a direct message. Normally, I wouldn't get notifications because I had them turned off. I didn't understand why I had received that one.

from @y/n:
not you unliking my picture after I got you the cards earlier.

to @y/n:
sorry, it was an accident.

from @y/n:
soooo, you were lurking 👀

to @y/n:
nooooo, it wasn't like that. I was just seeing if you had social media.

from @y/n:
it's cool. i'm just messing with you. i didn't know that not only are you very gorgeous, but you can also sing.

to @y/n:
yeah, it's kinda my job.

from @y/n:
might give it a listen later. i'm pretty sure that you have a hectic schedule and i'm hella tired. it was nice talking to you and nice to meet you. also, merry christmas 🎄

to @y/n:
it was nice to meet you as well. merry christmas to you. 💕🎄

I nervously bit my bottom lip before sending a risky message.

to @y/n:
text me (xxx)xxx-xxxx
got five minutes before i delete the message.

I waited the five minutes and quickly deleted the message. I waited for a text message and thought I wasn't going to receive one until I stepped away from my phone for a few minutes.

from unknown:
glad i saw the message just in time 😉

sorry for any grammatical errors.
Part 2?