Almost Ruined Trivia Night.

Lauren Jauregui

Lauren Jauregui

Your POV

I was sitting there just minding my business and playing my games until Lo came to stand in front of the tv.

"Y/N, we have thirty minutes to be there and you're not even dressed," she said and my eyes widened.

"Oh, shit. Sorry, babe," I said turning off the game and went to finish getting dressed.

"Sometimes I want to break the game, but I can't because I spent too much money on it," she told me and I chuckled putting on my shoes. I grabbed my car keys and my wallet. We were going out with some of her friends because they wanted to hangout with her. I was only going because she had asked me to go with her.

"Baby, you ready?" she asked me and I nodded pecking her lips.

"I love you," I said softly and she giggled.

"I love you," she replied looking up at me. We left the house and I drove us to the place where we were meeting her friends. We walked in and greeted her friends.

"Can you get me something to drink, baby?" Lauren asked and I nodded.

"What do you want, honey?" I asked her as I rested my lips on her forehead.

"Ehh, something sweet," she replied resting her hands on my abdomen. I nodded and smiled at her.

"I'll be right back," I told her kissing her lips. I went to the bar to order our drinks and I could feel someone looking at me. I turned to see Lauren looking at me. I knew how to read lips because I was hard at hearing and depend on my hearing aid for help. She was talking about why we were late. I stuck my tongue out at her and blew a raspberry at her. She giggled and smiled adorably. I got our drinks and headed back over to her. I sat down and sipped on my drink watching Lauren talk.

"It's trivia night. We have to win," Lauren said sitting next to me and I laughed nodding.

"In your dreams, Jauregui," one of her friends said to her. I logged into the Kahoot that they were using which made me laugh a little bit and waited for the game to start.

"Okay, I'm Olive and I'm your hostess of this trivia night. These questions are really random. Are you guys ready?" she said and the crowd cheered.

"Question number one: How many hearts does an octopus have?" She asked and I tapped the answer, which was three.

"Damn only one person got it right? Lo and y/n/n are in the lead. Next question: What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?"

"It's 24 miles per hour, Lauren," I whispered in her ear and she tapped the answer.

"The answer was 24 miles per hour. Lo and Y/N/N are still in the lead. Next question: What is the romanized Arabic word for "moon"?"

"Qamar," I whispered to Lauren as I wrapped my arm around her shoulder leaning back against my chair. She tapped the answer and looked at me before pecking my lips.

"I love you," she whispered and I smiled.

"I love you," I replied kissing her forehead. Somebody behind us scoffed and I just ignored them because they just wanted a reaction. As the night went on, I could clearly tell that the ducks behind us were saying derogatory terms at us. But mostly me. One said the n-word with the hard "r" and I turned around to look at them.

"I mean if your dick is that small, then just say that because you're giving limp dick and small balls energy right now. What's the matter? Can't get it up when in bed? You're wearing grey sweats and still have no dick print to show," I said to him and it was followed by Lauren tossing her drink in his face.

"Damn," the host said into the mic without realizing it. There was a guy there, who didn't get why everyone was laughing and I saw him sign to his partner. His partner was laughing too hard to even sign back at him. We made eye contact and I signed what I had said to the guy to him. He laughed so loud that it made me laugh.

"What did you say to me?" he asked.

"Oh, are you hard at hearing as well? Let me sign it for you," I said and signed my insult to him making the guy laugh out loud again. The little peepee boy shoved me, but I didn't move. The situation started to die down soon afterwards, but he was still in his feelings. I walked to bar to get Lauren another drink and he followed me.

"Do you know who I am?" he asked furiously.

"Nope, not really."

"My dad owns this place," he said and I shrugged.

"And? What that gotta do with me?" I asked him. He stomped off and went somewhere. Probably to get his dad. He came back a few short minutes later with an older man.

"Y/N/N, long time no see. How have you been? How's your grandmother?" his dad asked as he signed to me.

"Marvin, I've been great. She's doing well. Your son here likes to call people the n-word and doesn't think he should face any consequences for it," I told him as I signed back. He shook my hand before pulling me into a hug.

"You didn't beat his ass?" his dad asked me and I chuckled.

"I would've, but I like sleeping in my bed," I said and he chuckled. He gripped his son's ear harshly and told him something in French.

"Apologize now," his dad told him and I tried not to laugh.

"I'm sorry," the younger man said and I nodded.

"This isn't over. Go home. Your mother isn't going to be happy about this at all. You better get there before and tell her yourself before I tell her," his dad said sternly. His son ran out of the building and Marvin pulled out his phone.

"One second," Marvin said as he dialed his wife's number.

"Hi, honey. Your son is in for a serious reality check. He's in here calling people the n-word. I don't know who he gets that shit from because it's definitely not me," he told her and I laughed.

"Okay, I'll see you in a few," he replied. He hung up and we talked for a few minutes before he left. I went back by Lauren with her drink and sat back down next to her.

"You okay?" she questioned and I nodded.

"I'm good, babe," I said stealing a sip of her drink.

"You sure?" she questioned and I nodded.

"Yes," I replied sitting back against my chair waiting for the next trivia question to pop up.

"Anyways, back to the trivia. The question is: What did the Romans call Scotland?" the host said.

"Caledonia," I told Lo.

"Answer is Caledonia. Lo and Y/N/N are still in the lead. Bananawama i's in second and Heavy Chevy is in third. Next question: Where were the two atomic bombs dropped in Japan that resulted in the end of World War II?"

"Hiroshima and Nagasaki. They still deal with long term effects from the radiation there," I said.

"You're so smart," Lauren said and I blushed lightly.

"That's the only reason you being me to trivia night," I told her and she giggled.

"As long as you know."

Sorry for any grammatical errors.