I Wanted You First

Part II

Six Years Later...
Your POV

Once we went off to college, I dropped contact with everybody. I just wanted to have time to myself and I wanted to grow. Honestly, they had all peaked in high school and still thought life was a game. Marshall was still one of those guys that grew up with money and never stepped a foot in the hood. But still thought he was the most gangsta nigga to ever exist.

"Y/N, you good?" Kyle asked snapping me out of my daze.

"Yeah, my bad. I'm hungry as fuck," I replied slipping on my hoodie.

"Let's go get some sushi," he suggested and I nodded.

"Okay, I needed to drop off my essay and I'll meet you there," I told him.

"Okay, Tasha is coming with us by the way," he said and I nodded.

"That's cool. I'll see you there," I told him as I grabbed my car keys and my backpack that had my folder in it. I left our shared apartment and went down to my car.  I started my car as I walked off the elevator to the parking garage. I tossed my bag in my passenger seat and got in. I drove to campus and went to the English building. I hopped on the elevator and got off once I reached the third floor. I mindlessly walked to my professor's office and knocked on her door.

"It's open," she said. I opened the door and stepped into the room.

"Hi, Dr. Reid, I came to drop off my essay," I told her.

"Hi, Y/N. How are you today?" she asked as I handed her my essay.

"I'm doing good. About to go get sushi with Kyle," I told her and she rolled her eyes at the mention of her son's name.

"Tell him I said, 'I hope he falls on his ugly face.' And that I love his sister more," she told me and I laughed at her.

"Why are you two like this?" I asked.

"He started it when he came in my house and ate my damn Oreos. They was the thins, too. I knew I should've taken my key back," she said and I laughed again.

"Dr. Reid, I have the copies you wanted. Oh, sorry. I didn't know you were having a meeting," someone said as they came in.

"Honey, Y/N ain't nobody," Dr. Reid said and I gasped playfully.

"Yeah, I'm outta here. I'm never coming back," I told her and she laughed. I turned my head to see who it was and it was Samantha.

"I'll talk to you later, Dr. Reid," I said to her and she nodded.

"Don't forget to tell Kyle what I said," she reminded me and I laughed. I took a piece of candy from her desk and left her office.

"Y/N," I heard someone say softly. I turned around and Sam was standing there.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked.

"How are you?" she asked.

"I'm good, you?" I asked her.

"Same here. You kinda disappeared on everyone," she said to me and I nodded.

"I did. Everyone there peaked in high school," I told her and she agreed.

"What are you doing here? I thought you went to Xavier," I asked her.

"I'm getting my Masters here," she replied and I nodded.

"Me too. How's everybody? How's your family?" I asked.

"They're all doing great. Yours?"

"I don't know. I don't talk to them anymore."