Chapter 19 c

(Chase's POV)

Waiting for the phone call was probably one of the longest most executing things Ive had to do. He said he would have called me by now. Did Angel bail and not see if Rose was okay? I pace back and forth in my room. Last night I went to Cidrea. Angel said he would call me by four today. Its currently four thirty and I'm expecting the worst. Just as I'm about to scream Timothy walks into my room.

"What?" I ask him, probably a little too harshly.

"Just wanted to know if you wanted to go play hockey" he says. Its the weekend so I guess we usually would go out. I don't want him to suspect anything out of the ordinary do I? I don't know I'm new to this whole thing.

"I'm waiting for a phone call. We can go a little bit" I respond. He seems to believe it, I mean I didnt lie. I didnt tell him the phone call was to see if Rose was alive or not. He walks out of my room, and I sit on my bed. Then the phone rings. I grab it and pick it up at lightning speed.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Chad my man" Angels voice comes through the phone. Chad?

"It's Chase," I correct him.

"Right, well anyway Charles, your girl is fine" he says. My heart lifts, and the feeling of needing to puke goes away.

"Was she at the house?" I ask.

"Man, you're talking really fast, calm down". he sighs. I don't respond. Why is he being so mean?

"She's there, yes. I asked if she needed help, she said she had a plan" he finally answers my question. Of course she had a plan. Her plans usually can end up in bodily harm though.

"That's amazing," I breathe.

"She told me to tell you, she would be home in a couple days" he says. I get excited and start pacing around the room again.

"Thank you Angel" I say quietly.

"Yeah, well I got to let you go, Beth is bugging me" he says and then he hangs up.

I'm so happy that shes okay. I feel like everything that was wrong, just got fixed. Then I remind myself shes still not at home.

I start getting dressed to go out with Timothy. I hear the doorbell ring, and I count on my mom to answer it. I slip a new shirt over my head and then walk downstairs. I see Roses mom Lorraine talking with my mom.

"Good morning sweetie, Lorraine says she has to talk to you" my mom says smiling. Oh this should be fun.

"Lets go on a walk Chase" Lorraine suggests. I really dont want to go, but I cant say no.

"Okay sure" I say, putting on a fake smile. Im very unsure about this.

We walk outside, and start walking down the road.

"So do you know where Rose is?" her mom asks. I dont think Rose would want me to tell them. I dont want to betray her trust like that.

"No, I was hoping you did" I say quietly. Im not the best liar, but her mom doesnt know me well, so maybe she wont notice.

"Look, her dad got drunk and in the morning she bailed. I haven't seen her in days. This isnt the first time she has done this" Lorraine tells me. I remember Rose telling me about her abusive father.

"Well if she reaches out, Ill tell you" I offer her. She nods her head.

"Has Rose told you anything about her home life?" She asks me.

"Not much" I respond. What would happen to Rose if they knew she told me everything.

"I just dont want her to go overboard this time."

"What do you mean?"

"Well shes called the cops on her father before, for no reason at all." Oh, Im sure there was a reason. Then it hits me that she isn't concerned about Roses safety, shes concerned about her own.

"Well this has been a great talk, Im going out with my brother now" I say quickly and then turn around. How could she be so self centered, that she doesn't care about Rose?