Chapter 10 c

Walking into the club felt like a breath of fresh air for me. I haven't been here for so long that my heart aches. I look around at all the round tables and the red light illuminating everything. The loud music with the deep base filling everyone's ears. I automatically see many people that I recognize. I turned around to see Chase taking in the whole situation. His eyes are full of curiosity as he looks at me.

"Don't question it and just have a good time. We have about an hour" I yell over the music. We would have more time, but we didn't leave until so late. He nods his head and then follows me further into the crowd. I move my hips to the music and start to let all my problems float away. I move to my usual table and am thrilled to see Beth. Her vibrant pink hair and leather jacket are a familiar site to me.

"I thought you weren't coming back," she teased. She was obviously a little drunk, but thats just Beth for you.

"How could I stay away" I say with a smirk on my face. Chase sits down next to me a few moments later.

"You have to explain this to me when we get home," he says. He's smiling like a child seeing something magical. Before I have a chance to respond to him Beth is already on it.

"Whos this handsome devil?" she says moving seats to sit next to him. She puts a hand on his shirt, and I can see Chase tense up.

"Paws off Beth, he's a Zach" Beth turns her nose at the name of her ex boyfriend. They broke up because he didn't approve of pretty much everything she did. She scoots away from him and sits in her original seat.

Beth pulls out a blunt and lights it. Passing it to me. I take a long hit and let it consume me. Its like the oxygen that fuels my fire.

When I hear a song I like, I leave the table and walk to the dance floor filled with people. Leaving Chase to fend for himself with my crazy friend. I find a guy that's dancing alone and walk up to him. He had blonde hair and bright green eyes. I started dancing with him, and he puts his hands on my hips. I looked back at the table to see Chase already looking at me, but the person behind him scared me. I watched as he walked through the room, and his shiny gun strapped to his side. I ditched the boy next to me and walked back to the table, making sure to keep my head down.

"We need to leave" I say to Chase, pulling on his sleeve to make him stand up. He stood up and ran his hand through his chocolate brown hair. Beth gave me a puzzled look as to why I wanted to leave.

"The black diamonds are here. Dallas is with them." I say answering her unspoken question. She nods her head, her pink hair bobbing up and down.

I grabbed the cute boy's hand and we walked to the door. His face looked scared but he kept moving his feet. Once we were almost to the door I slowed down a little bit.

"Who are the black Diamonds?" Chase asks with his eyes full of questions.

"They're a gang, and they have been mad at me for a while. I can handle one on their own, but if Dallas is here then the whole squad is here. They look after him like a prized possession. Hes their leader's little brother." I explained quickly. We walked out the door and into the crisp night air. I thought we had actually made it out. That was until I felt a gun go up at my head as the door shut behind us. I still haven't let go of Chases hand, and I really didn't intend to. I stood as still as possible and held my breath.

"Hello Red Rose" a deep voice said. I smiled and laughed.

"Hello Jace." The man walked in front of me keeping the gun in me. Chase was squeezing my hand.

"How are you on this beautiful night" he asked casually, with a wicked smile playing on his lips. A few other men stepped out from the shadows, all with guns.

"Well I was doing pretty good, until I got to be blessed with seeing your face" I responded with a smile never leaving my face. Seeing Jace after all this time brought up a lot of memories I didn't really want.

"What a shame that you're gonna have to die in front of your little friend here" he said, taking the gun off me and onto Chase. He turned pale as a ghost and looked at me with pure fear in his eyes.

"Don't be scared Chase. Havent you learned to trust me yet, Jace here would never even think about shooting me" I said smiling. Jace turned his attention back to me.

"Oh no, you're not getting out of this one. You haven't forgotten our deal have you?" I looked at all the people with guns. I recognize some of their faces. I took the opportunity of the gun not being on me to play my games. I set my hand on Jaces chest. He was seventeen now, since its been almost a year since the last time I saw him.

"I haven't forgotten Babe, but if you kill him I have incriminating information against the gang." I informed him getting so close to his face that I could feel his breath. He kept pointing the weapon at Chase but he looked down at me. His brown eyes sparkled in the night sky.

"What's that...Darling" he whispers. I smiled in the evilest way I could. I backed out of his reach and looked at the faces of the other members of the gang. I finally found Dallass figure and pointed at him.

"Dallas Jones, age fourteen, lives two town over. Killed Jeremy" I say in a loud voice. Jace looks taken aback for a moment.

"I'm sure you wouldn't want the cops getting you involved in a missing persons case, now would you?" I say walking back over to him. I use my hand and push on the top of the gun to make him lower it off Chase. Jace gritted his teeth and looked pissed off.

"You can't keep running forever," he said in an angry voice.

"Well I can damn sure try" I spit back at him. He walked past me bumping me in the shoulder. He signaled for the boys to follow him. Before he left he turned around and looked at me.

"And to think you once called us family. In fact there was a time when you told me we would be together forever" he said, his voice cracking like he was going to cry.

"Yes Jace. During that time I loved you. People change. Get over it." I spit at him. The cold air from the ally was starting to get under my jacket.

"Well Tiago isnt too happy about you changing" Jace said putting his gun away.

"Tell Tiago I grew up and I dont need him anymore" I responded. Chase starts grabbing my hand tighter. Jace notices this and glares. Jace and I were together a long time so its understandable he would be jealous. Jaces shining brown eyes looked at me and then my jacket. He uses his finger to trace the roses stitched into it.

"You should really stop by and talk to him. He wont let us stop tracking you down Red Rose." Jace says in a quiet voice. Then he walks away with his people following him.

Once I turned around I turned to Chase. I grabbed his hand and we ran. As fast as we could to get out of the ally way. When we paused to take a breath on the sidewalk. Chase looked down at me, with a new emotion filling his eyes. Not love, and the softness they used to have. Now they were replaced with a fear and a questioning gaze. What have I done?