Chapter 22 c

Its a shame this room is so nice. I wont even be spending one night here. I set down the stuff I have in my hands and go to Jaces room to change into sweatpants so it looks like Im going to bed. Hes still not home yet, which makes me relieved. I walk into the room and grab clothes to change into and then head to the bathroom. I take a quick shower discarding my clothes on the floor.

I get out and wrap myself in a towel. I brush my teeth and then throw my toothbrush in the trash can. This is the last time I will be using my toothbrush here. I change into sweats and a baggy shirt. Brush through my hair and pull it into a sloppy bun. Then I leave the room back to "my" room. Its already ten so I should be able to get out soon. There's a television in the room so I decided to watch a movie to pass time, since I still don't have my phone. I start to get excited to see Chase again. Its only been a few days, but it feels like forever. We've been spending everyday together for months, so not seeing him has been really hard. Its hard to depend on someone, but I think Im willing to do it.

The thing about love is you have to give someone the power to hurt you, and trust them not to. Chase wouldn't hurt me and I know that. I'm willing to give him everything. I shouldn't have come to Cidrea in the first place. I should have told him. I should have let him talk me out of it.

I've finished two movies and it sounds like everyone has gone to bed. I get off the bed to grab my jacket. I realize its not there. I left it in Jaces room. I pause, shocked. Thats the one thing Ive always kept to remind me. I feel a tear fall down my face, I cant go grab it because hes home now. I sink down to the floor and cry. I was so careful not to make a mistake. I cant stay here another night, its not worth the risk. Tomorrow Tiago could have me running drugs, or even worse. I'm not mentally ready to do that. I wipe the tears from my face and stand up. I crack the window open. The room is on the second story but theres bushes underneath. Im about to crawl out when I hear a knock on the door. Thats wonderful. I walk to the door and open it. I see Jace. Well, I think its Jace, but his eyes are red from crying, and he looks like he had the worst night of his life.

"Jace, I dont want to talk right now" I say shutting the door. He stops it with his hand.

"I'm not here for that," he says. He opened the door and walked in closing it behind him. I see he has something in his hands.

"Here's your jacket, your phone is in the pocket." He says handing it to me. I stare at him for a moment. I slowly take the items from him.

"I know you're gonna leave tonight, because I know you. Just- just be careful alright" he says his voice cracking. I set my jacket on the bed and then turn to him. I wrap my arms around his neck and he pulls me in closer. We hugged for a long time. When we pull away I see the tattoo on his neck. The rose. My rose.

"I'll always love you" he whispers. I feel the tears starting to come back.

"I know" I say hugging him one more time. I put my jacket on and walked to the window.

"This means a lot to me Jace" I say before jumping out. I dont look back, but I know hes watching me. After the stinging in my legs goes away I walk towards the gate and start running. My calves burn, but I have to get as far as possible. By the time Im out of breath I stop in an alleyway and fall to the ground. Why would Jace help me like that? I search in my pockets until I find my phone. Its at eleven percent but that's enough to make a phone call. I unlock it fast and go straight to Chases number. It only rings once before he picks up.

"Rose?" I hear his voice come through.

"The one and only?" I say laughing through the new tears. Only these were tears of happiness.

"I love your voice," he says. I can hear him breathing like he hasn't in days. You and me both buddy.

"You wanna do me a favor?" I ask him.

"Anything." I hold the phone closer to my ear, as if I can my voice be actually right beside me.

"Wait up for me," I say, still crying while smiling. He doesn't get a chance to respond before my phone dies. Im going to see him soon though, so Im not too torn about it. Im only a mile from the train station so I start walking. I walk fast, not from fear, but excitement.

I finally get on the train and watch the city pass by. I dont see myself coming here again anytime soon. I try to memorise all the buildings but give up as the train starts going faster. Before I know it Im back in my town. I jog down the streets until I can see my house again. I see a figure standing in the street, I start running faster. Chases face comes into view when I get closer. The smile on his lips is something I never want to be separated from again. When we finally meet each other on the road he wraps his arms around me tight, like hes never held anyone before. I reach my hands to his face and pull his lips onto mine. We stand like that for a minute or maybe six or seven. Time didnt seem to exist.

"Lets go to bed" I whisper. He nods his head and grabs my hand. We walk to his house and quietly go inside. As we walk up the stairs I see another person standing in the hall. Damn were busted.

Timothy Chase curses under his breath. Instead of freaking out through his brother just laughs and goes into his own room. I smile and we continue to Chases. We crawl into bed and the entire night we never leave each other's arms.