Chapter 17 c

(Chase's POV)

"So you think she's at Tiago's house?" Beth asks me. Were sitting in the booth she was in when I first came here.

"Yes, I told you she's gone and her jacket is gone too. Where else would she be?" I ask. I was getting really frustrated. Beth knew where the house was and I didnt. Beth looks at me and I see tears well up in her eyes.

"Okay I need to call someone. Stay right here" she says pulling her phone out and then walking away. I get the worst feeling in my gut that something is happening to her. Beth comes back about ten minutes later. Her eyes seem to have more hope than before.

"Okay, Chase. We need to be careful with this. The black diamonds are dangerous" She said. Her pink hair was pulled up into a bun and I see a piece fall out as she talks. She was stressed about Roses safety. I don't think anyone could be more stressed than I was though.

"I just called my friend Angel. He'll be here in a few minutes" she tells me. Sipping on a drink she had. I look down at the table, feeling the need to cry. Beth pushes her drink towards me, I can smell the alcohol. I have never had a sip of alcohol in my life. Tonight is not the night. I shake my head at her and shrugs.

"We probably won't get her tonight" Beth informs me. This sends a stab to my heart. I just want to know if she was okay. We sit at the bar for an hour before the Angel guy shows up. We had fries on the table but I couldn't eat. Every time I looked at them the aroma made my stomach crawl.

Thirty minutes later I see Beth make eye contact with who I'm assuming is Angel. He is a thin dark skin man. Around six feet tall and covered in tattoos. He looks intimidating. I'll give him that. He has a fedora on and dressed in a clean button shirt. Beth stands up and gives him a hug. Angel looks worried and slides into the booth. His hair was long enough to cover his eyes giving him even more of a mysterious look.

"You're Red's friend?" he asks nodding at me. I get too nervous to speak so I just nod my head.

"Right," he says bluntly. As if he doesnt believe she would be friends with someone like me. Beth sits down next to him in the booth and runs her hands in her hair in a stressed way. Angel notices and puts a hand on her back. I wonder if those two are romantically involved?

"Okay we cant just storm the diamonds house," Angel starts talking. Hes right we can't.

"Tiago and I have lunch together every week, I'll pick him up and scope out the house to see if Red is there. Once, we have that information we will proceed further with the plan" Angel says. What he says makes sense, it hurts knowing I might not see her for days. Angel talks with a calm voice, but I can see in his eyes that he is worried. Rose touches every single person she talks to. These people all care about her, and would take a bullet for her. The scary part is that I know she would do the same. She would happily put herself in danger if it was to protect someone else. I know she wants a man stronger than me, but that's why Im trying so hard to get stronger.

I make my way back to my truck and drive home. I turn the radio up as loud as it goes to drown out my thoughts. When I arrive I sneak back in the house and into my room. Carful to be quite when I walk past my brothers room. I take off my sweatshirt and look into my window. Roses room is dark. I half expected her to be sitting right there,on the roof smoking, waiting to tell me I was silly for going all the way to Cidrea tonight. Shes not there though, and I have no idea if shes okay. I sit on my bed and tug my hair. I walk to my nightstand and pull out a lighter. Rose accidently left in my truck one day after I drove her home. I didnt give it back in a pathetic attempt to try to get her to stop smoking. It was simple and black, and that was it. I can see why she likes the simplicity of things. She doesnt overthink, she just goes. She goes until she cant and when she can't when it gets bad. Rose lives life at full speed, and doesn't see a problem with it.

I flick the lighter and see the flame start. A fire that dances in the air. Rose is my fire. She dances in my mind constantly. Its impossible for someone like me to live with someone like her forever. Eventually, it would end in a bad way. Unless both of us can change for each other. I know I could change for her, but I dont know if she would change for me. My heart says she would, but my brain is trying to use common sense.