Chapter 9 c

CHASES POV

Its only been a few minutes and my anxiety is already so much for me to bare. There are so many things to think about. What if my parents catch me sneaking out? What if I get hurt? What if I cant stop looking at Rose? Wait What?

Since I saw her sneaking out of her window I knew she looked stunning. Her bright red lipstick and her shiny leather jacket. Her eyes sparkled in the light. It made me fall for her even more. She looked like a total bad girl. Which she is, so she would never go for a guy like me. She wont tell me where we're going, which is not helping the situation. Being out at night honestly gives me the creeps, but she seems totally at home. Like this is what she prefers. She told me once that she liked night more than the day. I can see what she might like. The calmness, and the cool air. For me though I see potential for gangs and looters, and a lot of scary things that I don't want to be involved in. I have to make sure Rose stays safe though.

When I walked outside wearing these clothes, she looked at me in a different way. A little like an admiration, but it was probably nothing. Sometimes I think my mind is tricking me into thinking what I want to actually happen. I want Rose to see me as a strong man. I know she doesn't, and she probably never will. Now we're walking down the street to who knows where, and I'm practically trusting her with my life. She seems confident in where she's going though. Then again, she always acts confident. I can tell sometimes she's not though. That night when she came home crying after she snuck out. I dont know what happened, but I know seeing her cry made me break.

We walk together making small talk. Weve been walking for about twenty minutes, and have found our way into town. When she suddenly gets off the sidewalk and heads towards the light rail. She buys two passes and hands one to me. I see the train pull up and open its doors. Various people get off and on. Definitely scary night time people. The pit in my stomach grows bigger by the second. She turns around and starts walking, her long brown hair swaying behind her. She notices Im not following and turns around and reaches out her hand. The bus doors start counting down by ten.

"Do you trust me?" she yells so I can hear her over the loud roar of the engine. Her forest green eyes are sparked with life. I take her hand and smile.

"Of course I do" then we run to the bus and jump in right before the doors close. I feel a rush of adrenaline as my anxiety starts to ease away. She sits down in a seat and smiles while she looks out the window. I sit across from her and smile as well. I cant believe there is so much I havent experienced. There arent a lot of people on the bus since it's the middle of the night. But all the same we sit in silence, but it's not awkward, I guess its just comfortable. Her smile fades as she continues looking out the window. I really wish she would tell me what she's thinking about. Its always a mystery with her. I want to know what goes through her head.

Were on the train for probably a little over half an hour, when she suddenly stands up.

"This is our stop," she says, rubbing her fingers together. Ive noticed that this is a nervous habit of hers. Why would she be nervous? We get off the rail and enter some unfamiliar roads. Were definitely in the more shady part of town and it makes my stomach crawl. I see a sign at the light rail stop. Were in a city called Cidrea. Was she really going to come here alone? I stay quiet as she leads me down roads and dark streets. She obviously knows where shes going.

We dont walk for very long as she pulls me down a dark alley. This really seems like a horror movie.

"Keep your head down" she whispers in my ear. I do what she says and look at my feet and follow her converse. I really feel like she is too valuable to be doing dangerous things like this in the middle of the night. She has her head down as well as she knocks on one of the doors. It cracks open slightly and I hear a deep voice.

"Who is it?" it asks aggressively. She looks up through the crack in the door and says "Red Rose." The door opens all the way illuminating the street in a red light, and she turns to smile at me. "Welcome to my second home" she grins with all her white teeth showing.