Chapter 2 c

CHAPTER 2

My dad pressed the doorbell as we waited patiently. My feet felt heavy on the wood of the neighbors porch. Everything was silent, I felt like I could hear my mother's heart beat. A few birds flew over us, and you could hear them talking to each other. There is a shuffling at the door and then it opens softly. There stood a tall, broad shouldered young man in the house. It was the boy I had seen from my window. Now that I was closer I could see just how handsome he was. This was really not good.

"Hello," he says, offering my family and I a nice smile. My dad steps forward and stretches his hand out. The irresistible young man steps outside and shakes his hand.

"Hello young man, I'm Jack. This is my wife Loranne and one of my daughters Rose." We live right there My dad introduces us and then points to our house. I saw Chase look over and then look at me. I could tell he put it together that I was the one that had made the weird eye contact with him.

"I'm Chase, please come in and Ill introduce my parents to you." The handsome man said. So his name is Chase? That's a cute name I have to admit.

"Awesome!" my mom said smiling. Its annoying how happy she acts, when I know shell complain about something all night. Chase shakes hands with my mom and then turns to me. We made the same eye contact we made back in the room. Now I could see that his eyes were a light chocolate brown. Actually they were very pretty. Something you could stare at forever. He had short eyelashes but they still stuck out.

Why am I checking him out so much? I literally have a boyfriend. I don't feel that bad though knowing what my boyfriend does when Im not looking. Chase let us inside and led us in the kitchen where I'm assuming his mom was. She was standing on a stool putting some dishes in a cabinet above the sink. She turned around and looked a little shocked when she saw us. She had beautiful blonde hair.

"Mom, these are the neighbors" Chase announced as we walked further into the bare house filled with boxes.

"Hello, Im Carol," she says, walking to shake hands with my parents. I stood behind them crossing my hands in front of me. I feel really awkward in these types of situations. Ive never been a big people person. Its not that I cant be around people I just prefer not to be. Sometimes I have anxiety attacks, but I never know when they will happen. I quietly observed as my parents talked with the new neighbors.

Chase looked just as awkward as I did in that moment. He was watching them talk so I took a moment to fully take him in. He had on jeans and a plain white shirt. Dark brown hair that was like the perfect length, and stood up on his head. His skin was a tan like he spent some time outside. He had a sharp jawline and pretty good posture. Honestly he was kinda my type, all the way down to his vans. Maybe he was a rebellious teenager with good vibes too.

He could probably pull off the bad boy look if he wanted to. He doesn't seem like the bad boy type, due to his way of speaking. He was also very polite to his mom, and my parents as well. A loud thud distracted me from my staring. In through the garage door came in two more boys. Another teenager and an adult.

"Jerome this is Jack and Lorraine, and their daughter Rose they live next door" Carol informed what was probably her husband. He was a little shorter than his wife and had plain brown hair. I could definitely see the resemblance between father and son. He had a sturdy handshake with my dad and then with my mom.

"Nice to meet you, this is our other son Timothy" Jerome said pointing to the other son. Him and Chase looked kind of similar but also a lot different, Timothy was shorter and in my opinion not as good looking. He had a slightly rounder face, but his hair was styled more.

"Hello everyone," Timothy said, shaking everyone's hand. Except mine of course, neither of the boys had really talked to me. Which is fine I guess. I would probably accidentally flirt with them anyways. Then lead them on, and break their hearts by accident. It wouldn't be the first time.

We got led over to the table and we all sat down, the parents discussed everything from their jobs to their hometowns. Mostly Jerome though, I took notice that Carol didn't talk as much. The boys didn't say a lot either. Only occasionally adding to the conversation when they were asked a question.

It felt like they had been talking forever, at some point both the boys left. I don't know where they went, but they were pretty sneaky about leaving. I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't been secretly staring at Chase. It was around six and I really didnt want to be here anymore.

"I'm going to go back to the house to get ready for school tomorrow" I whispered to my mom. She nodded her head and I walked out the front door. Im surprised she let me go that easy. Once I got back to my house I went upstairs and into my room. I grabbed my phone and there was a response from Tyler.

Tyler: Sup baby girl

Me: Just saying hi

Then I put my phone down of course. Knowing that I wouldn't get a text back for a while. I sat down and did my homework for a while. I heard my parents come home around eight. They went straight to bed, I was kind of glad. Jeremey isn't answering his phone so I gave up on the third try. I run my hands through my hair watching my brown locks fall to the sides. I remember when he used to play with my hair. How he told me it was so beautiful. When he would brush it behind my ear before giving me a kiss. I miss how gentle he was. Well, he was gentle when he wasnt mad. He was more gentle then Tyler ever is. Tyler doesn't even know about him. Its funny how my boyfriend doesn't know anything about me really.

I found myself walking to my closet. I ran my hand over my leather jacket. I couldn't bring myself to take it off the hanger. I didn't want to be that connected to it. The roses stitched into the arms were red, I remember when they gave it to me. When we were all a family and loved each other. My second family really, because my parents never knew about it. This house would turn into a circus if they ever found out. I walked away from my jacket before the tears hit my cheeks. I crashed into my pillow and let it out. Everything is too much to deal with sometimes.