Chapter 11 c

The ride back to the house was silent. We were sitting on the train across from each other. I stared out the window and thought about everything. Jace used to be my rock to the world and he has been trying to kill me for a year now. Tears pricking at my eyes as I remember all the good memories. I stopped looking out the window and made eye contact with Chase. His soft brown eyes looked at me with pity. Something I couldn't stand. After my dad started having his episodes I've been alone in the world. My mom was busy making sure he was okay.

Jace was someone I had met through Jeremey, and he showed me everything I know. He opened my eyes to the world and made it easier to live in. When I looked at Chase I saw the same thing in his eyes. The longing to help me. I felt a tear slide down my face as we kept looking at each other. Then he did something that surprised me.

Chase stood up and sat in the seat next to me. He wrapped his muscular arms around my waist and pulled me into his chest. I felt more tears come as I nuzzled my face into his neck. After everything I just put him through and he's the one taking care of me. Its strange how life can work like that. He smelt like his cologne and it made me feel at home. He looked down a little bit and then kissed my forehead.

"I don't expect you to tell me right now, but you cant keep what's going on in your head from me anymore" he whispered. I nodded my head telling him that I will tell him eventually. We sat like that the rest of the way to our town where we got off. We walked down the street in silence. I decided to shoot my shot and grabbed chases hand interlacing my fingers in his.

He looked at me in surprise but then grabbed my hand back. I could see out of the corner of my eye he was smiling. We stopped in front of my house and then hugged.

"Tomorrow is Saturday so we are going to hang out," he says.

"Okay" I whisper. He turns around and starts walking back to his house. I take the time to admire him. He was tall and handsome. Considerate and caring. He wasn't proud or egotistical. Chase was the man that every girl wanted and Im starting to think I want him to.

I went back inside and got ready for bed being as quiet as I could. I slipped into shorts and a sweatshirt. Then I opened my curtains to see Chase wasn't in his bed. That was the only part I could see in his room clearly. I picked up my phone and texted him.

Me: My sweatshirts not comfy

I watched as he peeked his head into his window. He didn't have a shirt on and I'm pretty sure I drooled. He looked down at his phone and smiled.

Chase: One moment

Then he disappeared again a few seconds later coming back. He opened his window and I did the same. Then he threw a light blue hoodie out his window and it landed a couple feet from mine.

Me: Mine now loser haha

Chase: I don't mind

I smiled at him and then closed my window. I put the hoodie on and was engulfed in the smell of fresh laundry and faint cologne.

As soon as my head hit the pillow I fell asleep.

I woke up still in Chases hoodie. It smelt like his cologne and made me feel safe. The events from last night came rushing back to me. I cant believe I just exposed Jesus boy to the gang I used to be part of. I rolled over on my side and looked at the clock. It read eleven in the morning. I groaned still thinking it was too early to be awake. I picked up my phone to see a text.

Chase: Get up!!!

Chase: You sleep too much

Chase: Im coming over in ten minutes

I read the last message, it was sent eight minutes ago. Great. I rolled out of bed and just quickly put my hair in a messy bun before hearing a knock on the door. I walked down stairs taking my time, since it was his fault I was out of bed. I opened the door to a very smiley Chase.

"Good morning Beautiful!" he greets. Did he just call me beautiful?

"I hate you," I said walking away from the door but leaving it open.

"Why arent you dressed? We have places to be Rose!" he says following into my house.

"You woke me up! I need food, water, and cuddles before I can possibly do anything" I grumbled still not looking at him. I added in the cuddle part to see what he would say. I didn't get a response but I could practically feel his smirk as I walked up the stairs. I walked into my room and sat down at the desk with my makeup.

"Where are we going?"

"The lake so wear your swimsuit" he responds sitting on my bed. I grab my swim suit and some shorts and a shirt and walk to the bathroom quickly changing. I walk back in and change my hair into braids. I skip on makeup since I'll be in the water.

"We can get food on the way" Chase suggests as I put on flip flops.

"Okay" I respond grumpy on purpose. We walk out of the door and get into his truck. We drive down the road and I turn the volume up on the radio. Chase was listening to some indian drum thing.

"Chase what is this?" I laughed. His face turns red and he laughs.

"You dont like it?" he chuckles.

"Absolutely not", I say, changing it to a pop music station.

We stop at McDonalds and get food. I feel better once I have food in me. We drive for about another hour to the lake. Once we arrive he backs into a spot on the bay and we get out. He unloads a cooler and a blanket while I walk to the water. Its definitely not warm but its tolerable. I walk a little further in and feel the waves on my ankles. I used to come here all the time with my dad. Chase walks up next to me and puts his hand on my back. I look up at him, hes a lot taller than me so I have to use my neck to see his eyes. His soft brown eyes look down at me.

"Are you ready to talk?" he asked quietly.

"Yes" I whispered back.