Chapter 25 c

I need to stop doing this to myself. I'm honestly irritating myself at this point. I rolled my eyes at myself as I sat on the train. I picked on the fabric on the seat. This wasn't necessary, but I couldn't help myself. He got my parents killed.

I determined I was far enough away from town to text Chase. I sent him a text explaining the best I could. I was going to Cidrea. I was going to do something, to put my mind at rest. I sent the text. It was followed by him calling me, but I don't pick up. I know he could convince me to stop what I'm doing. I want to do this though. After five tries of me not picking up, he texts me back. I don't look at them. I cant right now. I hold my backpack on my lap, my leg bouncing up and down. I close my eyes and breath. This could go bad. This was going to go bad, but I didn't care. I could picture Jeremy next to me right now. Telling me I shouldn't go, and I should have planned it out more.

When the train stops I get off. My feet walk me to the house. I stop in between buildings to get myself together. I run my fingers through my hair, getting caught in all the knots. I pull my gun out of my bag and put it in my waistband. A feeling I was to familiar with. I look across the ally and see a dumpster with a broken mirror pushed against the side of it. I look in it, but I don't see Rose. I see Red Rose. She's scary I thought to myself. Red lipstick. Black leather jacket. Straightened hair, and eyes sharp as a knife. I wouldn't want to cross myself. I stuff my backpack behind the dumpster with my phone. It was close enough to the house I could run and get it, but they couldn't take my phone from me if I didn't have it on me. I blow myself a kiss and then get back to the sidewalk. I leave all my feelings in that ally. I walk emotionless, ready for a fight.

When I arrive at the house, they were waiting for me. I knew they would be. There were two guards at the door instead of the usual one. I walk up the path and they stand up. I don't recognize these boys. Are you hiring extra help Tiago? Are you that scared of a kid? I walk up the stairs.

"Move" I say when one of the boys stands in front of me.

"I cant do that" he says, putting on a tough face.

"Really, cause you got legs" I respond sarcastically. He smiles and bites his lip. Disgusting.

"I like when they are feisty" he says. I pull my gun from my pants and hold it to his chin.

"Do you like when they shoot you to?" I ask looking at him in the eyes. Fear flashes. The other guys apparently chose to sit this one out and backed away.

"I suggest you move out of my way" I say. He nods and quickly moves, his entire body shaking.

I walk into the house. Boys scattered around the house, all on high guard. They all stand up at my presence. They start walking towards me, but I run upstairs. I throw open the door to Tiagos office, my gun still at the ready. Tiago sits there, in a white tank top. His hair over his eyes. Jace stands next to him. They were waiting for me. A few of the boys run in after me, blocking the door.

"Rose" he says. The first thing I notice is he said Rose. Not Rosa. He always says my name in Spanish. I suppose I'm not part of his family anymore.

"I'm going to kill you, and your excuse for an empire" I say in a threatening tone. Tiago laughs at me. Jace looks at me, guilt covering his face. Ill get to him in a second.

"Rose, its you against an entire gang" he says folding his hands.

"We all know half these men wouldnt dare touch me, and the other half just like my tits" I respond pointing the gun at him.

"You won't shoot me" he says. What was this... a movie?

"You're right, I cant shoot you. There would be to big of a target on my back. But him I will shoot him" I say pointing the gun at Jace. Tiagos face flashes with uncertainty. He doesnt know if I'll actually do it.

"What good will come from that?" Tiago asks me, still using a calm voice.

"Cause Jace means a lot to you" I respond. He used to mean a lot to me too.

"I'm not sure I follow" he says. His Spanish accent getting heavier. He's nervous.

"My parents meant a lot to me" I respond looking Jace in the eye.

"They were my family" I continue. Jaces brown eyes fill with water.

"We're your family" Jace says to me. I pull the trigger and aim at his legs. He falls and screams. I feel arms grab me, but I dont care. I let them take me. I scream at Tiago. Hes taken everything from me. Hes to busy calling a medic to hear my words. A cloth is put over my mouth. I try screaming louder, but everything starts to fade out.