Chapter 16 c

I dont know how long I had been in the room for, or what time it was. My phone had fallen out of my pocket when Miguel threw me in here. It felt like it had been a couple hours, but it was probably only half an hour. I couldnt stop thinking about how mad Chase would be.

My heart shot out of my chest when I heard the door opening. Is Tiago letting me go? Then Jace walked in, in all his tanned skin black hair glory. I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.

"Look who decided to show up," he says smirking. He knows he has me trapped right now.

"Look who needs to take a shower" I responded looking him up and down. He had dirt on his arms, and I didnt want to know from what.

"Wanna take one with me" he smiles. I glare at him in return. He nods his head and laughs. His muscles tighten when he laughs and I cant help but look. The tattoos on his arms showing through his short sleeve shirt.

"I missed having you here Rose" he smiles and then exits the room. Honestly I missed being here too, but I dont want Jace to know that. I hear the door lock and Im surrounded by nothing again. I dont need to cry. I feel like I should though. Why was this not scaring me?

Some time passes and Jace walks into the room again.

"Here are your options. You sleep in here on the ground. Or you can come sleep in my room on a bed where I can make sure you're not trying to escape." He says bluntly folding his arms over his chest. I consider the options. I have more of a chance of getting out if I go with Jace. Also this room didn't have heat, and it was getting cold.

"I'll go with you" I say standing up. He smiles and reaches out for my hand so he can walk me.

"I know the way" I say brushing past his shoulder. I know I cant run right now. Jace is a lot stronger than me. I walk in front of him down the hallway to the door I know leads to his room. At one point in time it used to be our room.

I walked in to find it exactly how it was when I left. Well, almost the same. We used to always keep a vase of fresh flowers, it seems like he didnt feel the need to do that.

"You can take a shower if you want," he says. His voice sounded nervous.

"Thanks, I will." I responded by entering the room. It smells the same, and brings my heart to home. I almost started crying in the spot. This place brought me so much happiness and confidence.

"There's uh- still some of your clothes in your drawer" when Jace says this I turn around and look at him. He nervously runs his hands through his hair.

"I still have a drawer?" I say my voice cracking. I could feel the tears coming. I remember when Jace let me take over one of his drawers.

Flashback

I laugh as Jace guides me upstairs with my blindfold on.

"Last step" he says. Even though I couldnt see I could tell he was smiling. I take the last step feeling accomplished that I made it upstairs blindfolded. I could feel Jaces big hands on my hips guiding me to his room.

"Did you finally get me a puppy?" I ask him laughing. I only got to the house five minutes ago and Jace had already blindfolded me. I had a horrible day at the house. Dad was throwing bottles and my mom was trying to scream at him to stop. Not that he would listen. So I decided to come to Cidrea for the night and sleep here.

"No, I did not get you a puppy Red" Jace responds chuckling.

"This better be good" I say in my threatening voice. We eventually make it to the door and I hear him open it and then grab my hip again guiding me inside. He stops touching me for a minute and I hear the door close. Then he guides me to the left.

"Ok take off your blindfold" he says. I untie the fabric from my head and open my eyes. Were standing in front of his dresser. I dont see anything unusual. I look up at him and see him smirking.

"I dont see anything Jace" I say slowly. He smiles more and then pulls open the top drawer. I look inside to find it empty. I give him a questioning glance. Ive never been more confused.

"I cleared a drawer for your clothes." He says with a huge smile on his face. I realize whats happening and start giggling.

"That's perfect," I say, taking a step close to him and wrapping my arms around his neck. He leans down and presses his soft lips onto mine. I kiss him back immediately.

Later that night after I put my few clothes I brought into my drawer we lay on the bed. Jace is shirtless and all his tattoos exposed. I kiss the rose he got tattooed on his neck for me. One of the sweetest things hes done.

"I love you Rose" he whispers. I pause for a moment. Hes never said that to me.

"I love you too" I whisper back kissing his lips. He puts his hands on my waist and pulls me in closer.

Flashback over

I walk over to the dresser fully aware of Jaces eyes on my back. I open it, feeling the tears about to fall out of my eyes. Inside I find all my clothes untouched. My sweatpants and shorts. A pair of jeans and some shirts. I cant hold it back anymore and I let the tears come down. Sadly, Jace noticed I was crying.

"Hey" he says in a comforting voice walking closer. I quickly grabbed the pajama shorts and a shirt before running into the built in bathroom. I lock the door quickly behind me. I couldnt have Jace comforting me right now. After a second I hear a knock on the door.

"Rose, do you want to talk about it" he says in a concerned voice.

"No," I say, crying a little louder. Jace keeps talking but I turn on the shower to drown him out. I take off my clothes and make sure my leather jacket is safely off the ground. I check to see if the water is hot and then step inside. I cry more when I see my shampoo still sitting on the edge of the bathtub where I left it. He really kept all my things. He knew I would be back. Not for long this time. I cant forgive him for what he did, no matter how much he apologizes. I can be okay for tonight right though? I wash my hair and face trying to get the tears to stop.

Jaces knocking on the door stopped about five minutes ago. I stand in the shower for another twenty minutes before deciding to get out. I grab Jaces towel that's on the rack and wrap it around my body. I step out of the shower and clean off the mirror. Im not surprised when I find my toothbrush still in the drawer too. I quickly brush my teeth and then put on the clothes I grabbed.

I walk out of the bathroom and Jace immediately looks at me. I look me up and down and I feel subconscious.

"I can sleep on the floor and you can take the bed" he says walking into the bathroom to change into sweats.

"No," I say quietly. He looks at me. His brown eyes filled with hope.

"What?" he says.

"We can both sleep on the bed, its not like we haven't before" I say pulling back the black bedspread and crawling into the bed. Jace smiles and then goes into the bathroom. I lay down in bed on the left side. That was always my side. When my head hits the pillow Jaces smell fills my nose. I fight back the tears and close my eyes. I hear the bathroom door open and then Jace turns off the light. He crawls onto his side and then scoots closer to me.

I open my eyes and see him staring at me.

"Sigues siendo el indicado para mi" he whispers. I dont know what he says but his voice tells me it was something sweet. I take a deep breath and then scoot closer to him. He takes this as an invite to wrap his arm around my waist. I push my body against his and relax. I look at the tattoo on his neck. The rose. I close my eyes and smile. I can have this again for one night.