Chapter 26 c

"I don't know what to do with you" Jace tells me. He sits in a chair on the other side of the room. I sit in my own chair, my arms tied behind me. My face was bruised and stained with blood. Tiago had decided to let himself at me this morning. I cant even imagine the wreck I look like right now.

"It's like one moment I love you, and the next you're shooting me in the leg" he says looking at me. I look at the bandage around his leg. He had come in on crutches. It felt good to know I caused that.

"I want you to stay, but you keep leaving!" He says getting louder. He throws his hands in the air.

"Why do you keep leaving Babe" he says putting his head in his hands. His brown hair was messy like he hasn't slept in days. In all fairness neither have I. The way he called me babe left a bitter taste. Different then the metallic taste of blood I already had in my mouth. He had been yelling for around twenty minutes now. Every time I dont respond it makes him more upset. I havent said a word, since he entered the room.

"We had big plans you and I" he starts talking again. His shirt showed off his arms and tattoos. I almost wanted to puke in my mouth.

"Get married, have kids." he continues. His Spanish accent was as heavy as I have ever heard it. He must really be hurting.

"But you had to leave. And then you left again. And then you fucking shoot me?" He basically screams. He looks at me. His eyes raking over my body. Our eyes meets, and I see his tears.

"Jeremy should have never let me meet you. He knew I would fall in love with you. Everyone does. No one can resist a Rose in a field of Daisies" he says leaning back. Was he a poet now? What the hell was happening to him.

"You're to dangerous Rose. Youre scary, because you dont actually need anyone to be happy. You bring happiness to yourself. I needed you to be happy Rosa. I still do, but you hate me. The women I love hates me" he says his voice cracking. He points a finger at me.

"This isnt over Puta" he says. Then he grabs his crutches and leaves the room. All thats left is a guard at the door. Hes staring at me. He has black hair, and brown eyes. He honestly looked sad.

"What are you looking at" I ask him. Not in a mean voice, just genuinely curious. He seems hesitant to talk to me.

"I just- I'm new here" he says. Oh so he doesn't know about the power couple of the gang, which was Jace and I.

"Good luck" I laugh. He smiles a little bit.

"It seems like Mr. Jace really loves you" he comments. I smile a little, making my mouth hurt even more.

"Yeah, I guess I tend to do that to people" I laugh, but inside it hurts. He laughs to.

"Were you part of the gang for a long time, you seem really young" he asks me.

"Only a couple years." I give him an honest answer. Whats the point in lying to this stranger. He takes in my answer unsure of what to say next.

"Why'd you join?" I ask him. He shuffles his feet and looks away.

"You dont have to tell me, but theres no reason not to. Who am I going to tell?" I tell him. I honestly was bored and just needed someone to talk to.

"My Dad got my mom and little brother in some trouble. I guess Im the price he needed to pay" the boy responds to me. Its not uncommen for people to basically sell their kids to Tiago.

"You're not here by choice?" I ask, just to make sure.

"No, I was just told to pack my bags two days ago" he tells me. I notice a waterbottle sitting next to his feet.

"Can I have some of that water?" I ask him. He picks it up and walks over to me. He holds it to me and I take a sip. My body really needed that.

"Thank you- uh" I start, but realize I dont know his name.

"I'm Zander" he smiles.

"I'm Rose" I tell him, even though he probably already knows. He goes back to the door and stands.

"You know life here isnt that bad. You just need to learn to watch yourself" I tell him. Life here was actually pretty good.

"You talk very highly of it for one of their prisoners" I laugh at his comment. He had a good point.

"This was my home for a long time. I came here when my life was getting really bad, and they gave me a lot of who I am today. I guess it kind of back fired on all of us" I tell him. He chuckles a little bit. He couldnt be more then sixteen years old, just like me.

"Just be careful Zander. Dont let them know you dont want to be here" I tell him. I really wanted this boy to be okay.

"Why are they so mad at you?" he asks me.

"I left them to start a new life. Then they killed my parents. So I stormed in here and now Im in this chair" I tell him. I didnt expect Tiago to fill in the new people about what was going on.

"I'd let you go, but I dont want to get hurt" he says almost shamefully.

"I dont want you to get hurt either." I tell him. I didnt want anyone else getting hurt on my behalf.